Clark Kent quits newspaper job

(CNN) -- Add Superman to the list of reporters leaving the newspaper business behind.

In the comic book series' latest issue, which went on sale Wednesday, an outraged Clark Kent quits his job at The Daily Planet after his boss berates him.

"I was taught to believe you could use words to change the course of rivers -- that even the darkest secrets would fall under the harsh light of the sun," the superhero's alter ego says in a newsroom outburst. "But facts have been replaced by opinions. Information has been replaced by entertainment. Reporters have become stenographers. I can't be the only one who's sick of what passes for the news today."

In Wednesday's issue, Kent tells his editor he's been a journalist for barely five years.

But for decades, his job as a reporter at The Daily Planet has been a mainstay of Superman's story.

Word of the superhero's career move drew attention from media critics and others who've watched the newspaper industry's struggles.

A spokesman for DC Entertainment, which is also owned by CNN's parent company Time Warner, said the comic book's writer was not available for comment.

th?id=i.5029789695869589&pid=15.1

more

Maybe he'll contribute articles to Neowin. He IS a registered user. I know, because I just checked to see and Clark Kent is not available.

:o

Newspapers are dying so he'll either go report on the internet like a blogger or be a tv reporter? Same thing different media really.

Seriously though I bet this is just temporary.