Windows 8 Enterprise issues

For the last few days, I have been experiencing lots of slow downs again. Whether it's on startup or just loading apps. Also had several "Windows Explorer has stopped working" errors. So I just did Sfc /scannow and I got the following error.(See screen.) I have attached the error log.

post-248407-0-13207900-1351203320.jpg

Errors.txt

Run a CHKDSK /F yet on that drive?

Yes. I have done that a few times. It stops at 45% and then goes to the login screen.

Looks like you're getting folder permissions errors. Did you modify anything? Was it a clean install or an upgrade?

Haven't modified anything. Clean install quite awhile back.

Yes. I have done that a few times. It stops at 45% and then goes to the login screen.

Haven't modified anything. Clean install quite awhile back.

There may be something wrong with the drive, then. I'd get the diagnostic tool from whatever company manufactures it and give it a run.

I did several refreshes before I took the screen.

I've seen people getting bad info from Crystal. I suggested the OEM's diagnostic tool because you can use the output from it to RMA the drive if you need to.

So I need SeaTools then?

Edit:

Seatools will not run under Win8. Compatibility issues.

[Thread cleaned]

Please do not post in a thread requesting assistance if you're not offering any.

@Lakota: I'm afraid I can't think of any other remedies tonight for you. Perhaps you could pop out and pick up a new writable disc tomorrow or dig up a RW you could erase?

[Thread cleaned]

Please do not post in a thread requesting assistance if you're not offering any.

@Lakota: I'm afraid I can't think of any other remedies tonight for you. Perhaps you could pop out and pick up a new writable disc tomorrow or dig up a RW you could erase?

Thanx GreyWolf. Will do so in morning.

I had similar issues a couple of years back with extremely slow response times on startup, running applications and moving stuff around. It was indeed a hardware issue as I replaced the HDD and it cleared right up. Definitely try to run some diagnostics on the disk. Hope that .02 helps a little. Best of luck. :)

Thanx GreyWolf. Will do so in morning.

If it's not the drive then come back here and we'll see if we can find something else. I'm sure there's a magic log file somewhere that'll have the answer in it.

If it's not the drive then come back here and we'll see if we can find something else. I'm sure there's a magic log file somewhere that'll have the answer in it.

Well, I dl'd the ISO burned it to a CD-RW and ran the long test and there is no issues with the HDD. I'm thinking I'll just do a reset/refresh on the drive.

Now that sucks.

Have you made sure the install media is good? I've seen corrupt install media lead to issues like this.

If that's good then I recommend a test on the RAM.

I tested the ram last night. The install media is what I dl'd from technet and burned to flash. Works fine. I tried loading it up on my wife's pc and it works fine.

Also, when I click check for solutions, it starts to load then it disappears.

I tested the ram last night. The install media is what I dl'd from technet and burned to flash. Works fine. I tried loading it up on my wife's pc and it works fine.

Also, when I click check for solutions, it starts to load then it disappears.

Hmm it sounds like the original install just went wonky for some reason then if the hash matches for the install media.

I've seen that happen a couple times, but not often.

Hmm it sounds like the original install just went wonky for some reason then if the hash matches for the install media.

I've seen that happen a couple times, but not often.

Ok, so let's say it went wonky. Do I have to re-dl the ISO then?

Try having a look in your event viewer, sometimes if you have a disk error the event log (under System) will have errors that might give you an indication, I've found that the messages "There was a paging error during operation on drive <blah>", and "Delayed write failed" are particularly common when you have a disk close to failure.