Windows 8 Enterprise issues

• Please log in to reply
36 replies to this topic

#16 OP Nothing Here

Nothing Here

Neowinian Senior

Posted 26 October 2012 - 02:29

[Thread cleaned]

Please do not post in a thread requesting assistance if you're not offering any.

@Lakota: I'm afraid I can't think of any other remedies tonight for you. Perhaps you could pop out and pick up a new writable disc tomorrow or dig up a RW you could erase?

Thanx GreyWolf. Will do so in morning.

#17 laserfloyd

laserfloyd

Neowinian

Posted 26 October 2012 - 02:36

I had similar issues a couple of years back with extremely slow response times on startup, running applications and moving stuff around. It was indeed a hardware issue as I replaced the HDD and it cleared right up. Definitely try to run some diagnostics on the disk. Hope that .02 helps a little. Best of luck. :)

#18 Eric

Eric

Neowinian Senior

• Tech Issues Solved: 13

Posted 26 October 2012 - 02:45

Thanx GreyWolf. Will do so in morning.

If it's not the drive then come back here and we'll see if we can find something else. I'm sure there's a magic log file somewhere that'll have the answer in it.

#19 OP Nothing Here

Nothing Here

Neowinian Senior

Posted 26 October 2012 - 18:05

If it's not the drive then come back here and we'll see if we can find something else. I'm sure there's a magic log file somewhere that'll have the answer in it.

Well, I dl'd the ISO burned it to a CD-RW and ran the long test and there is no issues with the HDD. I'm thinking I'll just do a reset/refresh on the drive.

#20 OP Nothing Here

Nothing Here

Neowinian Senior

Posted 26 October 2012 - 21:19

Well, double crap! I can't even do a refresh.

Attached Images

• UntitledII.jpg

#21 Shane Nokes

Shane Nokes

Neowinian Senior

Posted 26 October 2012 - 21:23

Now that sucks.

Have you made sure the install media is good? I've seen corrupt install media lead to issues like this.

If that's good then I recommend a test on the RAM.

#22 OP Nothing Here

Nothing Here

Neowinian Senior

Posted 26 October 2012 - 21:30

Now that sucks.

Have you made sure the install media is good? I've seen corrupt install media lead to issues like this.

If that's good then I recommend a test on the RAM.

I tested the ram last night. The install media is what I dl'd from technet and burned to flash. Works fine. I tried loading it up on my wife's pc and it works fine.

Also, when I click check for solutions, it starts to load then it disappears.

#23 Shane Nokes

Shane Nokes

Neowinian Senior

Posted 26 October 2012 - 21:34

I tested the ram last night. The install media is what I dl'd from technet and burned to flash. Works fine. I tried loading it up on my wife's pc and it works fine.

Also, when I click check for solutions, it starts to load then it disappears.

Hmm it sounds like the original install just went wonky for some reason then if the hash matches for the install media.

I've seen that happen a couple times, but not often.

#24 OP Nothing Here

Nothing Here

Neowinian Senior

Posted 26 October 2012 - 21:37

Hmm it sounds like the original install just went wonky for some reason then if the hash matches for the install media.

I've seen that happen a couple times, but not often.

Ok, so let's say it went wonky. Do I have to re-dl the ISO then?

#25 Javik

Javik

#GamerGate

• Tech Issues Solved: 2

Posted 26 October 2012 - 21:38

Try having a look in your event viewer, sometimes if you have a disk error the event log (under System) will have errors that might give you an indication, I've found that the messages "There was a paging error during operation on drive <blah>", and "Delayed write failed" are particularly common when you have a disk close to failure.

#26 OP Nothing Here

Nothing Here

Neowinian Senior

Posted 26 October 2012 - 21:41

Try having a look in your event viewer, sometimes if you have a disk error the event log (under System) will have errors that might give you an indication, I've found that the messages "There was a paging error during operation on drive <blah>", and "Delayed write failed" are particularly common when you have a disk close to failure.

That's just it. Everything is going bonkers. Nothing is working right. Event viewer will not open. I'm getting random explorer crashes. You name it. It's just getting worse.

I did two different HDD checks and my hdd is fine. Used SeaTools in dos mode and crystaldiskinfo.

#27 Javik

Javik

#GamerGate

• Tech Issues Solved: 2

Posted 26 October 2012 - 21:41

From everything you've described drive failure does sound like the most likely culprit, if your partner's install from the same media is fine it makes bad installation media unlikely. I've seen similar stuff happen when one of my drives was close to failure.

#28 Shane Nokes

Shane Nokes

Neowinian Senior

Posted 26 October 2012 - 21:43

Ok, so let's say it went wonky. Do I have to re-dl the ISO then?

If the hash value on the install media matches thr value on TN/MSDN then you shouldn't have to. You should just be able to format & reinstall. If it doesn't then I would download again and verify then format & reinstall.

I hate PC issues sometimes lol.

That's just it. Everything is going bonkers. Nothing is working right. Event viewer will not open. I'm getting random explorer crashes. You name it. It's just getting worse.

I did two different HDD checks and my hdd is fine. Used SeaTools in dos mode and crystaldiskinfo.

Just curious. Any chance even a slight one of this machine being infected somehow?

#29 OP Nothing Here

Nothing Here

Neowinian Senior

If the hash value on the install media matches thr value on TN/MSDN then you shouldn't have to. You should just be able to format & reinstall. If it doesn't then I would download again and verify then format & reinstall.

I hate PC issues sometimes lol.

Well the hash value is fine.

#30 +warwagon

warwagon

Only you can prevent forest fires.

• Tech Issues Solved: 3

Sounds like a job for SPINRITE!!