foobar2000 is an advanced freeware audio player for the Windows platform. Some of the basic features include full unicode support, ReplayGain support and native support for several popular audio formats. Foobar2000 isn't just for early adopters or software jukebox fetishists. It doesn't mess with fancy buttons or bright colors, instead preferring a utilitarian, straightforward user interface to let the music speak for itself. foobar2000 uses tabs and panels to help the user navigate its plain, but functional, user interface. You can customize the interface using several layout options. Menu options and recognizable command buttons reside at the top of the window. Two panels, each with tabbed menus, reside on the left side of the window. From there, you can view the album list and the properties of a selected artist or song. You'll also find tabs for viewing a spectrogram, a spectrum, and VU meter of music currently being played, display album art, and synchronize with portable players including iPods.
foobar2000 v1.1.16 Released
• Worked around playback/output preferences crash on Windows 2003.
• ID3v2 tagging compatibility improvements:
• Non-compliant ID3v2.3 TYER allowed by default since various other popular software does it.
• Option to write “rating” as TXXX for the few people who want it.
• Fixed properties dialog field copy/paste inconsistency when copying specific fields from single to multiple files.
• ReplayGain scanner: added additional warnings when trying to scan a very large group of tracks as a single album.
• ReplayGain scanner: addressed extreme memory usage when scanning a large group of tracks as a single album.
• Cleaned up embedded cuesheet handling code.
• Faster FLAC tag updates when full file rewrite is necessary.
• Sanitized FLAC tag updating behaviors in low-memory conditions.
• The File Operations component now be used to create links to files, in addition to copying/renaming/moving (beta 2).
• Improved album art loading performance with huge libraries and complicated lookup patterns (beta 2).
Download: foobar2000 1.1.16