• Please log in to reply
428 replies to this topic

#421 Dot Matrix

Dot Matrix

Neowinian Senior

• 11,726 posts
  • Phone: Nokia Lumia 920

Posted 10 December 2012 - 19:40

Absolutely LOVE 8. Yea, the start menu takes some time to get used to, and it takes me maybe 3 seconds longer to shut my machine down, but it's so much faster than 7 was, I'm satisfied. Also, have not had any issues with gaming...dunno what Valve was b*tching about.

Valve was bitching more about the Windows Store than anything. It's ok for everyone else to have one, except Microsoft for some reason...

#422 +Brando212

Brando212

Neowinian Senior

• 6,869 posts
  • Phone: Sony Xperia ZL, Nokia Lumia 925

Posted 10 December 2012 - 19:43

MS can do whatever they want to. Windows is their product. If it doesn't fit your needs than don't buy it.

and that's how you make a succeeding company fail
seriously, I like Windows 8 but even I have to say there's no logic in that statement Dot

#423 xWhiplash

xWhiplash

Neowinian Senior

• 1,678 posts

Posted 10 December 2012 - 19:48

seriously, I like Windows 8 but even I have to say there's no logic in that statement Dot

Agreed. How do products fail?

Adobe can do whatever they want to do, but if Photoshop CS7 ONLY contains the crop tool and is $1,000, we do not have the right to complain?!

I like Windows 8 too, but come on do not jump down my throat because I have an issue with ONE THING which is those hot corners and bars.

#424 Dot Matrix

Dot Matrix

Neowinian Senior

• 11,726 posts

Posted 10 December 2012 - 19:55

MS develops Windows. It's their prerogative on what they want to include and remove from version to version.

#425 xWhiplash

xWhiplash

Neowinian Senior

• 1,678 posts

Posted 10 December 2012 - 19:56

MS develops Windows. It's their prerogative on what they want to include and remove from version to version.

And no matter what they do, we have NO RIGHT to say when things are messed up in hope that their product will improve?

#426 @Leo

@Leo

Under Derp Patrol

• 606 posts
  • Phone: iPhone 4S

Posted 10 December 2012 - 19:59

there's no logic in that statement Dot

Seeking logic from Dot Matrix. :laugh:

#427 TPreston

TPreston

Neowinian Senior

• 2,701 posts
  • OS: Windows 8.1 Enterprise & Server 2012R2/08R2 Datacenter
  • Phone: Nokia Lumia 1520

Posted 10 December 2012 - 20:00

Valve was bitching more about the Windows Store than anything. It's ok for everyone else to have one, except Microsoft for some reason...

And then they go and produce their own distro with steam as its default store..

Totally no hypocrisy there

#428 Dot Matrix

Dot Matrix

Neowinian Senior

• 11,726 posts

Posted 10 December 2012 - 20:14

And no matter what they do, we have NO RIGHT to say when things are messed up in hope that their product will improve?

If that was the case, Windows would be a disaster because every vocal user feels differently about different things. Waaa, Start Menu. Waaa, File Explorer. Waaa, GUI, etc, etc. It's strange I can use both Photoshop and Paint.Net on Windows 8 and not come across the problems you are having. Move the windows away from the corners and your problems are solved. That's all there is to it. I have mine stretched down the side.

Seeking logic from Dot Matrix. :laugh:

I've seen nothing logical from you since I've been here on Neowin.

#429 xWhiplash

xWhiplash

Neowinian Senior

• 1,678 posts

Posted 10 December 2012 - 22:51

If that was the case, Windows would be a disaster because every vocal user feels differently about different things. Waaa, Start Menu. Waaa, File Explorer. Waaa, GUI, etc, etc. It's strange I can use both Photoshop and Paint.Net on Windows 8 and not come across the problems you are having. Move the windows away from the corners and your problems are solved. That's all there is to it. I have mine stretched down the side.

I've seen nothing logical from you since I've been here on Neowin.

Yeah that what makes it a disaster. Move the windows away from the corners? So you want me to sacrifice my screen estate instead of wishing there was a damn option?

Yes you use Photoshop the EXACT SAME WAY I use it....