'Chronicles of Riddick: Dead Man Stalking' gets R rating

• 2 weeks later...

While I like that it's back to pitch black style... how in hell you go from king of the necroverse to the desert-planet again? Hope it's explained because this seems like the second movie never happened.

While I like that it's back to pitch black style... how in hell you go from king of the necroverse to the desert-planet again? Hope it's explained because this seems like the second movie never happened.

He probably gave up the crown. I doubt he wanted to lead anyone.

You see one of the necromancer soldiers attacking him in the first trailer they showed.  I think, because they're rules say you keep what you kill, he was attacked in some plot and left on the planet for dead.  Probably getting off the planet will be a setup for yet another movie.

• 2 weeks later...

There was a animated film that took place between the end of pitch black and chronicles, I'd hopped they'd do one for this as well but guess not.

That whole 5 seconds bit is just so great, best part of the trailer and you matches with the character perfectly.  When will these bounty hunters finally realize it's not worth the money???  How many does Riddick have to ghost already?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Oh wow, did not follow up with this for a while.

The recent trailers look amazing.   Looks like my new fav sci-fi  and the movie I will watch at least twice (like pitch black and chronicles)

Saw it last night, I quite enjoyed it. I thought it was better than Chronicles but not better than Pitch black. There was some bad CGI in places but on the plus side you got to see Katee Sackhoff naked (well side boob only but you see her nipples)

Saw it last night, I quite enjoyed it. I thought it was better than Chronicles but not better than Pitch black. There was some bad CGI in places but on the plus side you got to see Katee Sackhoff naked (well side boob only but you see her nipples)

Lol, doesn't seem to take much to make some happy.  :P

I enjoyed it.  It wasn't quite what I was expecting but still quite good.  I hope they get the chance to make a fourth, since they dropped plenty of hints but I imagine we'll have to see how the film does.

Watched it yesterday and it was a bit of a let down. Not bad, but I enjoyed both Pitch Black and Chronicles a lot better.

I would have prefered if they had gone with something new instead of a rehash of Pitch Black (

Pitch Wet?

). Maybe something similar to Assault on Dark Athena (although that could also be "duh Necromongers all over again only that different").

Dunno, it was like watching the same movie again with a few different twists and Riddick being a lot less badass.

Riddick investigating the weaknesses of the local hostile fauna, later they even do the same kind of trip through an infestation of ugly creatures to bring the same kind of stuff to the ships in order to escape, and again only those worth Riddick's respect make it out of the planet.

So not bad, again, but considering all the time it took them to finally come up with a new installment of the Riddick series I was expecting something actually new.