Polyphony Digital updates sales info for long-running racing series; PS2 game Gran Turismo 3 A-Spec the top performer at 14.89 million.
Gran Turismo 5 may have taken a while to come to market, but the wait appears to have paid off. Polyphony Digital updated sales figures for the entire franchise recently, revealing the series has shifted 67.89 million units since it launched in the late 90s with the original Gran Turismo.
he newest entry in the series--Gran Turismo 5--has sold 9.1 million units to date, but it was not the top performer of all games in the franchise. That award goes to PlayStation 2 game Gran Turismo 3 A-Spec, which has sold 14.89 million copies to date.
The Gran Turismo series does not seem to be slowing down. Not only isGran Turismo 6 rumored to be in development, but also a PlayStation Vita version.
The full franchise sales breakdown, ordered by release, is below:
- Gran Turismo - 10.85 million
- Gran Turismo 2 - 9.37 million
- Gran Turismo 3 A-Spec - 14.89 million
- Gran Turismo Concept Series - 1.56 million
- Gran Turismo 4 Prologue - 1.4 million
- Gran Turismo 4 - 11.6 million
- Gran Turismo 5 Prologue - 5.35 million
- Gran Turismo PSP - 3.86 million
- Gran Turismo 5 - 9.01 million