Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Microsoft Surface Phone vs Nokia 920

8 posts in this topic

Posted

I really wish we had some concrete information on whether or not Microsoft was going to offer a Surface phone. Based on the screenshots you can find out there, I would buy it in a heart beat. However, with neither confirmation or release date, I have to go with the 920.

If they came out today and said we would have one for Christmas... I'd put the WP8 + Lumia 920 purchase on hold...

Dang it!

Posted

Based on the screenshots you can find out there

There hasn't been any.

1 person likes this

Posted

That's like saying there is going to be an official facebook phone....not going to happen. Not with the huge stake MS has made in Nokia.

Posted

I think that the Surface phone, if in development, will be put on hold for development of the Xbox Surface. I pre-ordered my 920 today and I also would get a surface phone in a heartbeat. I just don't think it's coming anytime soon.

Posted

That's like saying there is going to be an official facebook phone....not going to happen. Not with the huge stake MS has made in Nokia.

Well you haven't been following Microsoft's new strategy then.

http://venturebeat.com/2012/10/10/microsoft-hardware-strategy/

http://www.extremetech.com/mobile/137693-microsoft-promises-strategic-shift-in-hardware-strategy-as-surface-preps-for-launch

Heard of the Surface yet?

I think that the Surface phone, if in development, will be put on hold for development of the Xbox Surface. I pre-ordered my 920 today and I also would get a surface phone in a heartbeat. I just don't think it's coming anytime soon.

Yep, same here...wish it was though!

Posted

Yep, same here...wish it was though!

It'll probably be out in less than 2 years but over 1 year. I'm thinking this time next year, for me that's too long to wait.

Posted

You are probably right and that's a long time to wait for something that we don't know if it will be released or not. For me, anyway.