Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Twitter accounts compromised

8 posts in this topic

Posted

A number of Twitter accounts have been hacked, with users getting emails from the social media site that direct them to a password reset page.

Twitter hasn

Posted

Wow that's surprising.

Posted

[quote]While Carolyn Penner, a spokeswoman for Twitter, told Reuters there had not been a security breach, a number of users said they believe their accounts had been hacked.[/quote]

Use better passwords.

Posted

Also

http://www.tomsguide.com/us/Twitter-User-Passwords-Hack-Security,news-16288.html

"[color=#070F14][font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][size=3]we unintentionally reset passwords of a larger number of accounts, beyond those that we believed to have been compromised."[/size][/font][/color]

Posted

What can 'they' do with a Twitter account ? :huh:

I don't even remember my password ...

Posted

[quote name='Hum' timestamp='1352424146' post='595307445']
What can 'they' do with a Twitter account ? :huh:

I don't even remember my password ...
[/quote]
Posting in your name sounds bad enough to me.

[quote name='Eddie7' timestamp='1352420546' post='595307325']
Wow that's surprising.
[/quote]
Nah, not really.
I don't expect any database somehow connected to the internet to be remotely safe anymore nowadays.

I've gone almost completely password manager as opposed to rememberable passwords.
If I can't log on somewhere else because I frankly don't know jacksh*t about my password, that's something I'm willing to "risk" in return for knowing my identity is quite a bit safer.
I have a password protected database on my iPhone that syncs with my Mac's keychain (all passwords I save either in programs or for websites and secure notes, built-into OS X).
Perfect solution.

[i]Glassed Silver:mac[/i]

Posted

I almost never use my Twitter account (other than for contests), and they reset my password.

Posted

Mine was hacked, but I literally never use it (don't even know why I had it), so I reset the password then deleted the account...

I don't even remember my original password for it, pretty sure it was my least secure password though (the one I use on multiple places that I DGAF if someone hacks it).