Posted 14 November 2012 - 01:50

You guys are quite amusing. :laugh:

#92 scaramonga

scaramonga

ME!

• 2,462 posts

Posted 14 November 2012 - 02:21

You guys are quite amusing. :laugh:

That's what were here for buddy :) And will still be here when you need that shoulder to cry on ;)

#93 remixedcat

remixedcat

meow!

• 10,072 posts
  • Phone: I use telepathy and cat meows to communicate

Posted 14 November 2012 - 14:53

Actually they do. he's been there for well over 20 years. sometimes people, especially in those positions want new challenges and want to go out in the world, remember he has enough money to live the rest of his life, and he can get a new job that will pay even more, or less if he likes the challenge. Sometimes people just want to try something new.

another one of the rare posts of yours i agree on

#94 vetDirtyLarry

DirtyLarry

®®\vers.12.vis.13.u.03.al\DL

• 17,121 posts
  • Phone: LG G3

Posted 14 November 2012 - 15:08

yes, it is a very well known fact that people come and go, especially in the tech world, and especially in high positions.
Even with that known, I just cannot see this as even coming close to being a good thing.
Sure, Windows 8 has now launched, but that does not mean there is still a ton of work that needs to be done in regards to it.
To me it would be much better if the person that did all of the hard work leading up to the launch stuck around after the launch to see things through.
But really at the end of the day, who knows why he left, what really happened, etc. All we can do is speculate.
But again, I would think ultimately the person would want to at least stick around a little bit longer to see things through.

#95 Shane Nokes

Shane Nokes

Neowinian Senior

• 2,243 posts

Posted 15 November 2012 - 01:39

yes, it is a very well known fact that people come and go, especially in the tech world, and especially in high positions.
Even with that known, I just cannot see this as even coming close to being a good thing.
Sure, Windows 8 has now launched, but that does not mean there is still a ton of work that needs to be done in regards to it.
To me it would be much better if the person that did all of the hard work leading up to the launch stuck around after the launch to see things through.
But really at the end of the day, who knows why he left, what really happened, etc. All we can do is speculate.
But again, I would think ultimately the person would want to at least stick around a little bit longer to see things through.

He did. He stuck around through the launch, through the first set of updates to make sure things went smooth, and then went off 'into the sunset'.

Sticking around much longer would have put him directly into the next OS cycle as these things ramp up quickly after a launch has finished.

#96 Growled

Growled

Neowinian Senior

• 41,508 posts

Posted 15 November 2012 - 01:44

It may be a good thing, though. Apparently Sinofsky liked a toxic environment where people in the same company worked against each other. No matter how talented one is or how smart, or how good, an environment like that is never a good thing and hurts a company in the long run. Plus fighting with your boss will get you canned every time.

#97 Phantom Spaceman

Phantom Spaceman

The Not So Fresh Prince

• 658 posts

Posted 16 November 2012 - 02:46

Click and drag takes too much effort compared to scrolling. It would be akin to click and dragging to scroll a webpage. No one wants to do that.

Yup I'm no one lol. It just seems natural for me for some reason to try to click and drag. If it was vertical I think I'd be fine with just the mousewheel, but the screen is horizontal so it feels weird for me to use a scroll wheel. Oh well not a deal breaker just annoying.