Hybrid supercar does 60 MPH in 2.5 seconds

Kepler Motors thinks its first supercar, the Motion Hybrid, has it all. Unveiled in 2009, Kepler Motors has been quietly working on its super-lightweight hybrid for nearly three years. Now, the company has released its first official videos of the car in action:

Like many other hybrid supercars being developed by luxury and prestigious automakers, the Motion is a through-the-road hybrid, combining a traditional mid-mounted, rear-wheel drive gasoline engine, and all-electric front axle.

Power to the rear wheels is rated at 550 horsepower, thanks to the same Ford-built, 3.5-liter, twin-turbo EcoBoost V-6 engine found in cars like the 2013 Ford Taurus SHO.

Front-wheel power is provided courtesy of twin electric motors, which Kepler says produces a total of 250 horsepower (around 186 Kilowatts).

With so much sheer torque and power, it?s no surprise that the Kepler Motion?s claimed 0-60 time is a mere 2.5 seconds, while top speed is listed as being ?200mph+.?

more & videos

post-37120-0-94580800-1352853658.jpg

Meh, we still have a long way to go with this kind of technology. But, the one thing I love about electric engines is the insane amount of torque that is just available instantly.

OH MY GOD!! The sound!!!

And, sadly, full electric vehicles don't have those lovely sounds and arguably lovely turbo/supercharger whistling.

Time to patent useless sound emitters for electric vehicles, perhaps? :D

Nothing will ever replace the sweet sound of a naturally aspirated/turbocharged/supercharged sound. Hell BMW already pipes in fake engine noise through the sound system in the M5.

Took them three years? The guy's better at his "art" than Jony Ive :laugh:

Doesn't sound like something I'd want to hear, but at least they're acknowledging the fact that sound of the engine and stuff is important part of the car's appeal :yes:

Nothing will ever replace the sweet sound of a naturally aspirated/turbocharged/supercharged sound. Hell BMW already pipes in fake engine noise through the sound system in the M5.

They do what? Ok, that has killed half the appeal if I'm ever to get near one of those. Is there at least an off button? :/