3 posts in this topic

Posted

[b]'Thankfully we had a responsible family member'[/b]

[img]http://www.cbc.ca/gfx/images/news/photos/2012/11/16/si-lammers-03599576.jpg[/img]
Bl[size=2]aec Lammers, 23, is charged with three felony counts, including [/size]
[size=2]m[/size][size=2]aking a terrorist threat after his mother called police saying she w[/size]
[size=2]as concerned after her son bought two guns. [i](Polk County [/i][/size]
[size=2][i]Sheriff's Department/AP)[/i][/size]

A Missouri man accused of plotting to shoot up a movie theatre during the new [i]Twilight[/i] film was charged after his mother contacted police, telling them she worried her son had purchased weapons similar to those used during [url="http://www.cbc.ca/news/world/story/2012/09/22/aurora-shooting-lawsuit.html"]the fatal Colorado cinema shooting.[/url]

Blaec Lammers, 20, is charged with first-degree assault, making a terroristic threat and armed criminal action. He was jailed on Friday Polk County on $500,000 US bond.

"Thankfully we had a responsible family member or we might have had a different outcome," Bolivar Police Chief Steve Hamilton told The Associated Press. He said Lammers is under a doctor's care for mental illness, and court documents said he was "off of his medication."

A phone message left by The Associated Press at Lammers' home wasn't returned Friday. No attorney is listed for him in online court records.

His mother contacted authorities Thursday, saying she worried that with this weekend's opening of the final film in the popular Vampire movie series, her son "may have intentions of shooting people at the movie," police wrote in the probable cause statement.

She said she thought the weapons

Posted

Props to the mother (Y) Thankfully this didn't happen and he gets some comprehensive mental treatment to the point that he is not a danger to society, rather than giving him hard prison time or a huge fine, otherwise it would probably be the mother who would end up suffering creating a disincentive for mothers to report their own sons.
1 person likes this

Posted

Thank god the mother had some common sense. This could have turned out badly if she hadn't acted.