10 posts in this topic

Posted

Nick D'Aloisio did not have a typical 17th birthday: instead of celebrating with friends and family, he was busy launching the second edition of his popular iPhone app, Summly. While most 17-year-olds are worried about SATs and prom, D'Aloisio has kept busy by creating a news summarization app with over $1 million in financial backing.

Summly uses an algorithm to summarize news stories from the largest news organizations. The summaries are designed to fit a mobile screen perfectly.

"We worked very hard to create the user interface," D'Aloisio tells The Daily Ticker, "but equally, the technology is very robust

1 person likes this

Posted

i love to see young minds doing amazing things, always makes you think about what is to come in the future.

1 person likes this

Posted

I hate to see young minds doing amazing things, always makes me realise how much I suck.

:laugh:

9 people like this

Posted

Pretty AND beautiful? Where do I sign up?

Posted

I hate to see young minds doing amazing things, always makes me realise how much I suck.

:laugh:

This is what I was about to say! I'm like "man, I didn't do anything cool like that, and now it's too late" :laugh:

Posted

I use Pulse but it's not as clean and slick as a lot of people say it is. It would be good if this app gets onto Google Play so I can give it a whirl.

Posted

I've always wanted friends my age who could code with me at all. :/

Posted

Hmm.... looks pretty nice, but I don't have an iPhone to try it out. From just the looks of it, I'd say it looks a little over designed. A little too much eye candy and not enough content, but I'd have to play with it to know for sure. There are a lot of alternatives out there, but to be built by a 17 year old is quite impressive. At 17 I was writing apps to make the mouse bounce around the screen to screw with my CS teacher. Makes me feel pretty useless now, haha. I signed up for the Android notification so I'll try it out when it hits that platform. I suspect the higher screen resolution will lend itself well to the app's ability to display the eye candy alongside the content better.

Posted

Sorry Hum, beat you to it by just over two weeks:

http://www.neowin.ne...p-store-charts/

Closed