The X-Files coming to Blu-Ray in 2013

ppnq1yix.png

According to The Digital Bits, a number of "industry sources" have told them that FOX plans on releasing their ground-breaking sci-fi series The X-Files on Blu-ray sometime in late 2013. Yes, the sexual tension between Special Agents Fox Mulder and Dana Scully is about to get clearer than ever!

With the first four seasons of X-Files produced in 4x3 format, and with FOX itself not even broadcasting in HD until 2004 (two years after X-Files left the air), it's clear that some work needs to be done. The sources have told Digital Bits that FOX plans on rebuilding the series for Blu-ray HD much like CBS did with Star Trek: The Original Series and Star Trek: The Next Generation.

FOX also did something similar with Joss Whedon's Firefly.

Source

If they give it the same treatment as the aforementioned Star Trek series, then it should be good. I'd love to see The X-Files in HD with improved special effects.

This might be a shout, i did not see all of them when they were on but have started watching re runs lol

Holy crap, I have the DVD box set of this and the video quality for the early seasons are atrocious.

It was all shot on 35mm which means they could scan it in at higher than 1080p, I am excited for this, I hope they do the whole series and not just release one at a time like Startrek.