vid

• Please log in to reply
18 replies to this topic

#16 MightyJordan

MightyJordan

Don't stop BOlieving!

• Phone: Google Nexus 5 32GB

Posted 02 December 2012 - 18:54

wow, i didnt realize that this 'Dark Master' gamertag was actually real... i wonder if 'Crusher' or any of the other tags like 'Cheese Filter' they show in the video are real too? they look cheesy but they are like the de-facto gamertags

I never looked up the others, but they probably are real and still around. They're pretty common-sounding names, so they probably would have been snapped up a long time ago. I just checked Crusher, and yep, it's real. So is Bumpy (albeit, unused). Along with all the other gamertags on Dark Master's team in the ad: Siberias (again, unused), Buffalo Soldier, Pochi X (unused), Steel Crumpets, Sleeping Giant, and the AFC Captain Carnage.

I've just remembered what I didn't like about the ad: that those two games (Chrono Warriors & World Cup Warriors) never existed. :p

#17 MightyJordan

MightyJordan

Don't stop BOlieving!

• Phone: Google Nexus 5 32GB

Posted 02 December 2012 - 19:01

A couple more videos I've found (I've never seen the first one before)...

#18 OP carmatic

carmatic

oh cool i can change my member title

Posted 02 December 2012 - 19:12

I bet they had no idea what xbox live was actually going to be like

and whats a 'mondo hard drive' , was it some kind of alternate reality hard disk technology?

#19 Alladaskill17

Alladaskill17

Neowinian Senior

Posted 15 December 2012 - 03:14

For those of you who can remember, Im only 23 but still... XBL beta with MotoGP and Whacked (omg whacked!!!) voice masking was definitely used in game, if not also in the default XBL options (the last part im not sure on).