hello hi introduction

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
9 replies to this topic

#1 MassiveNeutron

MassiveNeutron

Neowinian

• 4 posts

Posted 22 November 2012 - 08:58

Hello everybody, I have been a lurker on neowin for 5 years and finally decided to give in and join. I am a tech enthusiast with my figures dipped in almost all* ecosystems (Windows, Mac, Android, Windows Phone and even bada!). Hope to have fun and not get banned after my first post again!

Let me explain the 'terrible start' part:
I created an account last night with the name BitterPlutonium and left my 'hello all' post which said the same thing the first paragraph of this post tries to say. When I tried logging in this morning, I couldn't. I was greeted with the following code:
[#1000B] You are not allowed to visit this community.

It took me some time to figure out that I could have been banned with a run of just 1 post :cry: .I think this happened because I linked my blog in my signature. I guess this violated some forum rule and thus I was blocked/banned. But a ban without a warning seems a bit too harsh. If it was the link to my blog which got me banned, I would have taken it down, if told. Anyway, I am here again!
:D

#2 ~Neowin~

~Neowin~

folklore.org

• 818 posts
  • Phone: Lost my Lumia 800 :(

Posted 22 November 2012 - 09:18

oh.....bitter experience :(

#3 TheLegendOfMart

TheLegendOfMart

Neowinian Senior

• 9,281 posts

Posted 22 November 2012 - 09:23

You aren't allowed to create multiple accounts if you get banned, I don't expect this account will last long either.

#4 +jamesyfx

jamesyfx

Neowinian Senior

• 8,383 posts
  • Phone: Nexus 5

Posted 22 November 2012 - 09:26

I'm not sure if that error means you were banned. I suspect it may just be a cookie/session error.

If you get banned you'd get more than that. You'd also get an email.

#5 OP MassiveNeutron

MassiveNeutron

Neowinian

• 4 posts

Posted 22 November 2012 - 09:32

You aren't allowed to create multiple accounts if you get banned, I don't expect this account will last long either.

But it was an innocent mistake. I still don't know for sure what I was banned for. Its just my guess that it was my blog's link in my signature. Had I known that its against the forum rules, I would have never put it there.I don't think that is an offence serious enough to ban me from neowin for life!

#6 TheLegendOfMart

TheLegendOfMart

Neowinian Senior

• 9,281 posts

Posted 22 November 2012 - 09:33

Mistake or not, if you are banned you are banned.

#7 OP MassiveNeutron

MassiveNeutron

Neowinian

• 4 posts

Posted 22 November 2012 - 09:35

I'm not sure if that error means you were banned. I suspect it may just be a cookie/session error.

If you get banned you'd get more than that. You'd also get an email.

I got no mail and my thread was gone + the error message. So I am assuming I was banned. I just hope it was acookie/session error or some other kind of error.

#8 |Rapture|

|Rapture|

Neowinian

• 1,181 posts

Posted 22 November 2012 - 09:37

That's for the moderators to decide, not you.

Welcome to Neowin MassiveNeutron. Try the contact page at http://www.neowin.net/contact/ if you have any problems, I got help almost instantly when I had problems logging in one time.

#9 OP MassiveNeutron

MassiveNeutron

Neowinian

• 4 posts

Posted 22 November 2012 - 09:39

Oh no! This isn't a fascist country. I am sure the neowin mods are much more reasonable. :)

Welcome to Neowin MassiveNeutron. Try the contact page at http://www.neowin.net/contact/ if you have any problems, I got help almost instantly when I had problems logging in one time.

Thanks. Ill try that immediately..

#10 Lee G.

Lee G.

Neowinian Senior

• 10,394 posts

Posted 22 November 2012 - 09:41

I'm sending you a PM, MassiveNeutron.

Thread closed.