24 posts in this topic

Wesley Snipes reportedly tried to strangle director David Goyer on the set of comic book movie Blade: Trinity.

In an interview conducted with The AV Club, Patton Oswalt - who played Hedges in the movie - lifted the lid on Snipes's erratic on-set behaviour. Oswalt described the Blade sequel as "a troubled production", adding that Snipes "smoked weed all day" and remained in character for the duration of the shoot.

"I remember one day on the set - they let everyone pick their own clothes - there was one black actor who was also kind of a club kid. And he wore this shirt with the word 'Garbage' on it in big stylish letters. It was his shirt," Oswalt said.

"And Wesley came down to the set, which he only did for close-ups. Everything else was done by his stand-in. I only did one scene with him.

"But he comes on and goes, 'There's only one other black guy in the movie, and you make him wear a shirt that says 'Garbage'? You racist motherf**ker! And he tried to strangle the director, David Goyer."

Oswalt added that Goyer got his own back on Snipes when he convinced a gang of bikers to pretend to be his security. The incident reportedly prompted Snipes to stop talking to the director.

"For the rest of the production, he would only communicate with the director through post-it notes. And he would sign each post-it note 'From Blade'," Oswalt recalled.

Much of Blade's dialogue was allegedly given to Ryan Reynolds's character Hannibal King to make up for Snipes's lack of co-operation.

"We would all just think of things for him to say and then cut to Wesley's face not doing anything because that's all we could get from him," Oswalt explained.

"It was kind of funny. We were like, 'What are the worst jokes and puns that we can say to this guy?' And then it would just be his face going, 'Mmm. Smiles are contagious'. It's so, so dumb.

"That was an example of a very troubled shoot that we made fun. You have to find a way to make it fun."

Source

Wesley Snipes is one of the most disappointing actors ever. He had talent but he got a bit too big for his boots with Blade, and now I don't really respect him as an actor, or as a person.

That said, I guess Blade gave rise to every other Marvel movie, so I still think fondly of it for that reason.

1 person likes this

I liked Blade Trinity if only for this...

pj13f4ru.jpg

9 people like this

pj13f4ru.jpg

She can have me any day. I loved Trinity.

pj13f4ru.jpg

Hell yes. One of the few reasons to watch it.

Interviews with more than a dozen workers showed there was little sign of regret from employees who voted for the strike. They said they would rather lose their jobs than put up with lower wages and poorer benefits.

Ah, no wonder Snipes is in jail now.

Funny. That's one thing you don't see in the extras on the dvd. ;)

Hell yes. One of the few reasons to watch it.

pjnw3rsg.jpg

:yes:

I now pronounce you chuck and larry...

I now pronounce you chuck and larry...

of course and "Powder Blue"

1 person likes this

The more I hear about Wesley Snipes, the more he sounds like a total f**k wit.

She got junk in the trunk. I love this girl.

jessica_biel_ass_10.jpg

1 person likes this

The more I hear about Wesley Snipes, the more he sounds like a total f**k wit.

The guy didn't pay taxes for years so that sounds about right

Trinity was a complete mess. I couldn't even finish watching it, it was that bad. It's a shame because one and two were really excellent movies.

Whoever's idea it was to let Reynolds and Biel steal all the screen time from Snipes should have been fired. Blade is the main character, not them. Combined with the atrocious script, and weak Dracula (compared with the villans of the first two movies), and you have a recipe for failure.

Goyer sounds like an idiot, I don't blame Snipes. His resume on IMDB speaks volumes about his inability to direct his way out of a paper bag.

Trinity was a complete mess. I couldn't even finish watching it, it was that bad. It's a shame because one and two were really excellent movies.

Whoever's idea it was to let Reynolds and Biel steal all the screen time from Snipes should have been fired. Blade is the main character, not them. Combined with the atrocious script, and weak Dracula (compared with the villans of the first two movies), and you have a recipe for failure.

Goyer sounds like an idiot, I don't blame Snipes. His resume on IMDB speaks volumes about his inability to direct his way out of a paper bag.

Did you even read the article? The only reason Blade had less screen time was because Snipes was a complete douche. They had to give Snipes lines to Ryan Reynolds.

Goyer wrote Dark Knight Rises and The Dark Knight so he's got some talent

pjnw3rsg.jpg

STOP IT

(lol)

Wow. I knew Wesley Snipes was full of himself, but that's just crazy... I have no tolerance for that juvenile nonsense whatsoever...

Goyer wrote Dark Knight Rises and The Dark Knight so he's got some talent

Well.... not alone.

IMDB - Dark Knight and Dark Knight Rises:

Writing credits

Jonathan Nolan (screenplay) and Christopher Nolan (screenplay)

Christopher Nolan (story) and David S. Goyer (story)

IMDB - Blade Trinity

David S. Goyer (written by)

Attempting to strangle Goyer for Blade Trinity, well, I'm sure anyone whose seen it would agree he had it coming.

1 person likes this

Give him another chance.

Well.... not alone.

IMDB - Dark Knight and Dark Knight Rises:

Writing credits

Jonathan Nolan (screenplay) and Christopher Nolan (screenplay)

Christopher Nolan (story) and David S. Goyer (story)

IMDB - Blade Trinity

David S. Goyer (written by)

Attempting to strangle Goyer for Blade Trinity, well, I'm sure anyone whose seen it would agree he had it coming.

True at least he didn't get that gig solo eh :rofl:

Christian Bale doesn't do strangling!

JT sure is a lucky guy. That gal is fine.

1 person likes this

Now I want to watch the movie again and count how many times I actually see him in the film and not his stand in.

Never forgave Blade after the way Donnie Yen was shamefully under-used in Blade 2.