9 posts in this topic

Posted

A kidnapping attempt was thwarted in Indianapolis on Tuesday when a family's dog stopped an armed would-be kidnapper from leaving the family's home.

Police say a man and a woman broke into the home of Nayeli Garzon-Jimenez through the back door while her husband was at work. Garzon-Jimenez was on the phone with her husband, Adolfo Angeles-Morales, at the time of the break-in.

"She started screaming and crying, and said, 'Someone just stuck their hand in the door,'" Angeles-Morales told WISH-TV. "The guy said, 'Give me the money or we take the baby.'"

"The man said, 'Money, money,'" Garzon-Jimenez said. "I said, 'I don't have any.'"

The woman then grabbed her 3-month-old girl and attempted to flee through the back door.

"But there was something else waiting for her at the back door," WISH-TV reported.

"One of the doggies," a pit bull mix, "didn't let her go through the back door," Angeles-Morales explained.

The woman turned around, "threw the baby back" at Garzon-Jimenez and the perpetrators fled the scene.

The mother, who was hit in the head with a gun during the melee, was treated for cuts and bruises at a local hospital, and was released. The baby was unharmed.

Indianapolis police are now searching for the suspects: "a black man around 35 years old, 6-foot-2, heavy set with light skin, a close-cut beard and acne scars" and "a black woman in her mid-20s about 5-foot-10, heavy build with braided hair pulled back in a ponytail" and "two lip piercings and an eyebrow piercing."

They were driving "a 2002-2007 chocolate-brown van with tinted windows and windows that extend down the passenger side."

There might be a dent in the passenger-side door, police added.

[url="http://news.yahoo.com/blogs/sideshow/dog-baby-kidnapping-165429685.html;_ylt=Ai.qaPiSEUmw48TsJHnXcZOZCMZ_;_ylu=X3oDMTUwaDZxdW9tBGNjb2RlA2N0LmMEbWl0A0FydGljbGUgTW9zdCBQb3B1bGFyBHBrZwMwZjBhYmZkYi0yNTU1LTNmZDgtOGRhZS1mYmYxODIyY2VmMDcEcG9zAzQEc2VjA01lZGlhQkxpc3RNaXhlZE1vc3RQb3B1bGFyQ0FUZW1wBHZlcgM3ZWQ5Y2UxNC0zNDFmLTExZTItOWI3YS1mOWJlMzMwNTdkYjU-;_ylg=X3oDMTMzcmxpNzhiBGludGwDdXMEbGFuZwNlbi11cwRwc3RhaWQDYjBlZTczYmEtZDg5OS0zZjhmLWFhYmQtOTNiZmE0NzdhMzkzBHBzdGNhdANibG9nc3x0aGVsb29rb3V0BHB0A3N0b3J5cGFnZQ--;_ylv=3"]source[/url]

Posted

Who's a good boy then, it's yoooou, yes it issss, yes it isssss :dog:

Posted

I hope they catch the thugs who were involved with this attempted kidnapping

Posted

[quote]The woman then grabbed her 3-month-old girl and attempted to flee through the back door.[/quote]
Wow, that sentence changed the rest of the article for me, I couldn't understand why people are applauding the dog for preventing the mother's escape with her child. :laugh:

Posted

^ You misread, methinks:

[b]... when a family's dog stopped an armed would-be kidnapper from leaving the family's home.

Police say a man and a woman broke into the home ...[/b]

Posted

In before dog lovers' circle j.....

Posted

Dog deserves a great big chunk of meat for that one.

Posted

Man's best friend indeed.

Posted

OMFG! First, I'm relieved that the baby was unharmed even after that heartless B**ch threw her, secondly, Their dog is a hero, third, I hope the book is thrown at the would be kidnapper and they feel real pain.
As a parent, and I'm sure most of us are, I find people who would do that to children disgusting.