florida animal cruelty domestic animal services

• Please log in to reply
22 replies to this topic

#1 Hum

Hum

totally wAcKed

• 63,512 posts

Posted 22 November 2012 - 15:22

Lehigh Acres, FL (News-Press) -- The gray and silver terrier mix may have fought and thrashed to escape before it died, but didn't have a chance.

The dog was found hanging from a large oak tree in Buckingham on Wednesday and police and animal services officials are seeking information from the public about the circumstances surrounding its death.

The dog may have been hanged while alive, according to the Lee County Domestic Animal Services incident report and Glenn Johnson, animal services operations manager.

The Lee County Sheriff's Office received two calls about 8 a.m. Wednesday from area residents and notified animal services, Johnson said. The animal was discovered in an area of dirt roads on the east side of Homestead Lane between Staley and Neal roads.

Its leash was tied to a nylon rope, the report said.

The adult male dog had marks around its neck, and appeared as if the dog had thrashed around trying to escape, Johnson said. A necropsy will be performed to determine the exact manner of death.

"It's a felony charge, a third-degree felony for someone to intentionally kill an animal, especially this way," Johnson said. "That would be a nasty individual who would do that to any living being." :(

Anyone with information is asked to call Animal Services at 239-533-7387 or Crime Stoppers at 800-780-8477. You can also text Crime Stoppers.

"All you hope is that somebody talks about it," Johnson said.

source

#2 Nick H.

Nick H.

Neowinian Senior

• 11,814 posts

Posted 22 November 2012 - 15:25

It boggles my mind when I hear about this kind of thing, or animal cruelty in general. How could anyone do this to an animal? :(

I thought I was going to stay in Fribourg this weekend, but now I want to head back to Geneva and see my dogs.

#3 Asrokhel

Asrokhel

Neowinian

• 1,027 posts
  • OS: Windows 8 Pro x64 (testing to see if I keep it or go back to Windows 7)

Posted 22 November 2012 - 15:26

As a dog owner, the man or woman that did this should be charged with murder, because it is murder, but they don't consider it murder because the dog is not human.

#4 trihawk7

trihawk7

Neowinian

• 117 posts

Posted 22 November 2012 - 15:32

Why the hell would you do this to a dog? This is boggles my mind of how sick (in the bad term) this is. I hope whoever done this goes to jail. This is not a cool thing to do with a living creature especially man's best friend...

#5 MRM316

MRM316

WWE Fan

• 95 posts

Posted 22 November 2012 - 15:32

Absolutely disgusting. The person that did this should be hung.

#6 +Lingwo

Lingwo

Neowinian Senior

• 5,769 posts

Posted 22 November 2012 - 15:36

I wish when things like this happens and they found the person who did it. I wish they'd advertise their name and address. So some of us can give them the exact same treatment.

#7 joemailey

joemailey

Neowinian

• 404 posts

Posted 22 November 2012 - 15:40

Would love the find the f**ker(s) that done this and hang them. Sick sick people!

#8 Dan~

Dan~

Neowinian Senior

• 2,670 posts

Posted 22 November 2012 - 15:46

Find them, hang them from a tree, skin them alive, poor vinegar over them, shoot them.

I'm a firm believer for dogs & cats and other domestic pets should be treated as human, then if anyone kills them etc they should be charged as if it were a human.

#9 OP Hum

Hum

totally wAcKed

• 63,512 posts

Posted 22 November 2012 - 16:54

This is the type of human being I would gladly trade his/her life for the dog's.

#10 *RedBull*

*RedBull*

skippy de do da

• 4,640 posts
  • Phone: Android

Posted 23 November 2012 - 00:09

Where's Dexter when he is needed.

#11 Growled

Growled

Neowinian Senior

• 41,508 posts

Posted 23 November 2012 - 05:55

This isn't even human. It's sub-human.

#12 ozzy2012

ozzy2012

Neowinian

• 22 posts
  • Phone: What's that?

Posted 23 November 2012 - 06:01

But we can murder innocent babies and that is ok? While what this moron did was reprehensible, where is the outrage when human life is snuffed out in the womb?

#13 Aheer.R.S.

Aheer.R.S.

I cannot Teach Him, the Boy has no Patience!

• 12,076 posts

Posted 23 November 2012 - 06:38

As a dog owner, the man or woman that did this should be charged with murder, because it is murder, but they don't consider it murder because the dog is not human.

Agreed

This isn't even human. It's sub-human.

Agreed

But we can murder innocent babies and that is ok? While what this moron did was reprehensible, where is the outrage when human life is snuffed out in the womb?

Agreed

#14 siah1214

siah1214

Neowinian Senior

• 2,361 posts

Posted 23 November 2012 - 15:09

This is one of those instances where eye-for-eye, tooth-for-tooth, sounds appropriate.

#15 FMH

FMH

Neowinian Senior

• 7,168 posts

Posted 24 November 2012 - 00:42

:cry: