california halloween shooting 25 percent chance of living

• Please log in to reply
13 replies to this topic

#1 Hum

Hum

totally wAcKed

• 61,824 posts

Posted 24 November 2012 - 16:42

Pessah, of Burlingame, Calif., was walking home from a Halloween party in San Francisco Oct. 28 with two friends and his girlfriend when a stranger came up and touched his girlfriend inappropriately. Pessah, 21, stepped in to protect her when the man pulled out a gun and shot him in the head.

"It was pretty bizarre and unnecessary," Pessah's older brother, Nick Pessah, told ABCNews.com. "He [the stranger] attempted to shoot the group of four of them. He missed everybody but the last bullet hit my brother in the head."

When doctors first examined Pessah's injuries, they told his family he wasn't going to make it. At one point, doctors said he only had a 25 percent chance of living.

"They weren't going to operate because he was too severely injured," Nick Pessah said. "Then they said they would attempt it but normally they wouldn't. They only did because he is young and has a chance at surviving. They weren't sure if he was going to make it or not."

Pessah was in a medically induced coma for almost a month. But just a few days before Thanksgiving, his breathing tube was taken out and he said his first words. In a faint whisper, he said, "Hi Mom."

On Thanksgiving day, Pessah took his first steps with his parents and three brothers in his hospital room at the University of California San Francisco to cheer him on.

Although he doesn't remember the shooting, which his brother believes is a good thing, Pessah does remember everything else including his computer passwords and address.

"It's a miracle. I couldn't be more ecstatic about his recovery," Nick Pessah said. "It couldn't have happened at a better time. I have more than enough to be thankful for."

more

#2 *RedBull*

*RedBull*

skippy de do da

• 4,640 posts
  • Phone: Android

Posted 24 November 2012 - 18:01

moral of the story, let the stranger grope your girlfriend....

Just let me know when you are walking with your girlfriend. ;)

seriously though, it's ****ed up. Hope they get the guy

#3 OP Hum

Hum

totally wAcKed

• 61,824 posts

Posted 24 November 2012 - 23:56

... Pessah does remember everything else including his computer passwords and address.

There's the miracle. :laugh:

#4 +Yorak

Yorak

Insubordinate

• 3,402 posts

Posted 25 November 2012 - 00:18

God bless him. I hope he makes as full of a recovery as possible.

#5 Simon-

Simon-

Neowinian Senior

• 10,724 posts

Posted 25 November 2012 - 00:29

More info including pics before & after the shooting, pics of his girlfriend he was defending and that they caught the pervert who did this (who was actually with his own girlfriend at the time and is an accessory):
http://www.dailymail...girlfriend.html

I wish him all the best in his recovery and it scares the hell out of me that the same thing could happen defending my own insanely hot girlfriend (fiancee).

#6 Growled

Growled

Neowinian Senior

• 41,508 posts

Posted 25 November 2012 - 01:30

It is a miracle and I'm glad it happened to him. I can see why he would defend his girlfriend. She is fine.

#7 +Obi-Wan Kenobi

Obi-Wan Kenobi

"You were the chosen one!"

• 2,730 posts

Posted 25 November 2012 - 02:20

@hot girlfriend....

Posted Image

#8 chrisj1968

chrisj1968

copyrighted!! ©

• 4,100 posts

Posted 25 November 2012 - 02:26

Pessah, of Burlingame, Calif., was walking home from a Halloween party in San Francisco Oct. 28 with two friends and his girlfriend when a stranger came up and touched his girlfriend inappropriately. Pessah, 21, stepped in to protect her when the man pulled out a gun and shot him in the head.

"It was pretty bizarre and unnecessary," Pessah's older brother, Nick Pessah, told ABCNews.com. "He [the stranger] attempted to shoot the group of four of them. He missed everybody but the last bullet hit my brother in the head."

When doctors first examined Pessah's injuries, they told his family he wasn't going to make it. At one point, doctors said he only had a 25 percent chance of living.

"They weren't going to operate because he was too severely injured," Nick Pessah said. "Then they said they would attempt it but normally they wouldn't. They only did because he is young and has a chance at surviving. They weren't sure if he was going to make it or not."

Pessah was in a medically induced coma for almost a month. But just a few days before Thanksgiving, his breathing tube was taken out and he said his first words. In a faint whisper, he said, "Hi Mom."

On Thanksgiving day, Pessah took his first steps with his parents and three brothers in his hospital room at the University of California San Francisco to cheer him on.

Although he doesn't remember the shooting, which his brother believes is a good thing, Pessah does remember everything else including his computer passwords and address.

"It's a miracle. I couldn't be more ecstatic about his recovery," Nick Pessah said. "It couldn't have happened at a better time. I have more than enough to be thankful for."

more

Comas' are the bodies way of regenerating. However pretty sad when society sinks to such levels to disrespect a man let alone his girlfriend

#9 theyarecomingforyou

theyarecomingforyou

Tiger Trainer

• 15,903 posts
  • Phone: Galaxy Note 3 with Galaxy Gear

Posted 25 November 2012 - 02:37

moral of the story, let the stranger grope your girlfriend....

Or restrict access to firearms.

#10 firey

firey

F͎̗͉͎͈͑͡ȉ͎̣̐́ṙ͖̺͕͙̓̌è̤̞͉̟̲͇̍̍̾̓ͥͅy͓̍̎̌̏̒

• 7,995 posts
  • Phone: Android (4.1.2)

Posted 25 November 2012 - 02:39

hmm..his girlfriend is hot. I hope she didn't leave him lol.

#11 linsook

linsook

Neowinian Senior

• 3,635 posts

Posted 25 November 2012 - 02:50

anybody know why the left side of his head is enlarged so much?

#12 OP Hum

Hum

totally wAcKed

• 61,824 posts

Posted 25 November 2012 - 15:52

^ Brain-swelling maybe ?

#13 *RedBull*

*RedBull*

skippy de do da

• 4,640 posts
  • Phone: Android

Posted 25 November 2012 - 17:47

She's a hot gf I'd grope her. :yes:

I really mean hit it.....

#14 +Tech Greek

Tech Greek

Neowinian

• 613 posts

Posted 25 November 2012 - 17:50

Apparently Superman CAN be stopped by bullets... :shiftyninja:

Click here to login or here to register to remove this ad, it's free!