windows phone windows phone 8

• Please log in to reply
16 replies to this topic

#16 cluberti

cluberti

Neowinian

• 185 posts

Posted 28 November 2012 - 03:48

It could just be the "Microsoft hate" tax that every review not by a Microsoft fanboi seems to be attached to reviews of anything Microsoft. It's easy, safe, and pretty much accepted nowadays to downgrade anything made by Microsoft for any issue or slight, perceived or real, while ignoring those same issues that exist on other platforms or from other vendors. This is an unfortunate holdover from the end of the 90s and the turn of the century, but it is what it is. Microsoft will have to simply wow users and accept the fact that getting into ANY area where Apple or Google (or many other companies, for that matter) have a strong product or service will cost them lots of money and take lots of time to get mindshare and marketshare. Simply having an equal or better product won't cut it with the vast majority of the tech press.

That's just my opinion mind you, and worth as much, but I think it's a fairly accurate assessment of things like this.

#17 Dashel

Dashel

Disgustipator

• 7,498 posts

Posted 28 November 2012 - 16:05

Interesting point cluberti. I would posit that the tech press is much more important for consumers, but rarely impacts more serious users/decision makers. Thats where MS's gambit for the consumer space has me scratching my head because they are alienating the latter to push the former (and their embracing of BYOD policies). Its a risk.

Riddle me this though, does anyone honestly buy this bull**** peddled by many companies that the reason they aren't developing for WP is simply because of the demographics or market penetration? That entire response to a product backed my MS still doesn't sit right with me.

Click here to login or here to register to remove this ad, it's free!