19 posts in this topic

Posted

[b]KINGSTON, Ontario[/b]

Posted

Shoulda just kicked him in the balls..

In any case, he was arrested for being drunk in public and causing a disturbance, not for what he said..
1 person likes this

Posted

[quote name='Hum' timestamp='1354070085' post='595353826']
[b]...[/b] [b]make children think Santa Claus is not real.[/b]

...an intoxicated man shouted[b] blasphemous lies to shocked children: Santa doesn't exist," [/b]the Toronto Star reported...

"It was pretty despicable that someone, during this time of the year,[b] would tell kids Santa isn't real

Posted

^ But if he hadn't been shouting about Santa, he wouldn't have been busted. :p
1 person likes this

Posted

im never raising my kids to believe in crap like santa -____________________________-
1 person likes this

Posted

so its really santa they have locked up at area 51 then? they are still trying to work out how the reindeer and slay have anti-gravity capability's.
3 people like this

Posted

How horrible. He told the truth.

Posted

[quote name='SPEhosting' timestamp='1354110012' post='595354544']
im never raising my kids to believe in crap like santa -____________________________-
[/quote]
bah humbug!
dont you remember how magical it all was when you were little? thinking that santa actually came [i]into [/i]your house and gave you presents! I loved it!

Posted

I'm torn on the issue myself, not sure if I would tell my kids he was real. I remember when my cousin decided to tell her daughter he wasn't real when she was nine and she broke down crying. Kids naturally trust us and believe what we tell them, it seems cruel to make them believe in such a wonderful thing and then break their hearts a few years later. Then again maybe you don't have to tell them at all, at some point they usually figure it out themselves.

Posted

Never lie to your children. It gives you a reputation as a bull****ter and they'll never believe you. Guy should've been arrested for being a drunk *******.

Posted

Correct Title "Man Arrested for [color=#333333]causing a disturbance by being drunk, and faces additional charges of public intoxication"[/color]
2 people like this

Posted

[quote name='Perfect72' timestamp='1354070695' post='595353842']
Wait...what?

Someone, an adult, somewhere [i]actually [/i]believes Santa is real? :huh: The hell...
[/quote]

I believe there comments are based in a little bit of satire.

Santas Real "wink wink" shh dont tell the kids that he's not
1 person likes this

Posted

[quote name='xSuRgEx' timestamp='1354110719' post='595354568']
so its really santa they have locked up at area 51 then? they are still trying to work out how the reindeer and slay have anti-gravity capability's.
[/quote]

Yes, all true. :p

[quote name='TRC' timestamp='1354111165' post='595354602']
... it seems cruel to make them believe in such a wonderful thing and then break their hearts a few years later.
[/quote]

Kind of like love & sex. :/

[quote name='xendrome' timestamp='1354111399' post='595354612']
Correct Title "Man Arrested for [color=#333333]causing a disturbance by being drunk, and faces additional charges of public intoxication"[/color]
[/quote]

No where does the title say he was arrested [i]for[/i] telling lies. ;)

Posted

[quote name='Hum' timestamp='1354125680' post='595355204']
No where does the title say he was arrested [i]for[/i] telling lies. ;)
[/quote]

It implies that though.

"House explodes after man smokes cigarette"

Full story: a man smoked a cigarette, then 20 minutes later a car crashed into his house and ignited a gas leak.

Misleading to say the least :p

Posted

He should have been strung up, going around drunk and disorderly, shouting LIES about santa
Next thing you'll tell me is the easter bunny's not real neither.

Posted

I'm torn on the issue myself, not sure if I would tell my kids he was real. I remember when my cousin decided to tell her daughter he wasn't real when she was nine and she broke down crying. Kids naturally trust us and believe what we tell them, it seems cruel to make them believe in such a wonderful thing and then break their hearts a few years later. Then again maybe you don't have to tell them at all, at some point they usually figure it out themselves.
[/quote]
Yeah, that's less common. Most kids figure it out well before that age and I don't think any of us were traumatised. :p Kids break down crying all the time, but a few hours later they're fine. Anyway, it's your job as a parent to prepare your kids for life--heartbreak and disappointment are part and parcel!

Posted

oh please people need to relax its Santa Claus, anyone who tells a kid he isn't real is a jerk and doesn't see the fun in Christmas.. that guy was obviously arrested for drunken disorder and the news article is just a light hearted attempt for silly season

Posted

[/quote]

let's just ban fairy tales while we are at it too..... common we want kids to be imitative and playful, not live a boring blah life, this makes things exciting for kids and keeps them happy and dreaming

Posted

He was drunk and being a public nuisance. He deserved to be arrested.