• Please log in to reply
53 replies to this topic

#16 Scorbing

Scorbing

Halo Master

• 6,520 posts
  • Phone: Galaxy Note 2

Posted 03 December 2012 - 17:00

Next they'll come out and say they invented the light bulb.

#17 Snake89

Snake89

Neowinian

• 767 posts

Posted 03 December 2012 - 17:18

Nah, Apple well say they've invented the phone.

#18 Detection

Detection

Detecting stuff...

• 8,369 posts

Posted 03 December 2012 - 17:22

Maybe they will try to patent patenting

#19 +primortal

primortal

Why Does It Hurt!

• 3,461 posts
  • Phone: Nokia Lumia Icon (929)

Posted 03 December 2012 - 17:25

Nice apple, everyone else uses the Qi standard, so of course apple decides to make their own standard that won't work with the standard...

Apple cannot charge licensing fees for 3rd party accessories if they worked with the standard wireless technologies :D

#20 Pupik

Pupik

Neowinian Senior

• 6,157 posts

Posted 03 December 2012 - 17:32

No. They'll patent the shape of the light bulb.
Next thing you'll see, is that companies will be forced to sell square light bulbs.

#21 Coolicer

Coolicer

Comrad General

• 320 posts
  • Phone: Nokia Lumia 920 Black

Posted 03 December 2012 - 17:52

Nice apple, everyone else uses the Qi standard, so of course apple decides to make their own standard that won't work with the standard...

Yeah and what's worse is that in a while you'll see Apple Wireless charging (I'm calling it the iCharge) will be everywhere. And everyone
will be able to charge their latest generation iPads/iPhones in public places, while any other device using any other wireless charging standard,
will not be able to. And Apple will score bonus points for having the technology implemented everyone while other brands will get negative attention
for being subpar to the Apple standard.

Well, that the way the world and public opinion works I guess.

#22 Teebor

Teebor

Neowinian Senior

• 3,649 posts

Posted 03 December 2012 - 18:03

Yeah and what's worse is that in a while you'll see Apple Wireless charging (I'm calling it the iCharge) will be everywhere. And everyone
will be able to charge their latest generation iPads/iPhones in public places, while any other device using any other wireless charging standard,
will not be able to. And Apple will score bonus points for having the technology implemented everyone while other brands will get negative attention

Don't forget that when you upgrade your device to a newer model your existing wireless charging station will no longer work so you will have to replace it. But if you also have an older iPad/iPod then you will have to have two charging stations or replace all your idevices at the same time

#23 HawkMan

HawkMan

Neowinian Senior

• 21,428 posts
  • Phone: Noka Lumia 1020

Posted 03 December 2012 - 18:21

Kind of like DLNA, which was everywhere and worked great and was a standard made to be expandable into the future. Along comes Apple with AirPlay and to this day there are IT journalists who think airplay is the only technology out there for network sharing of media and wondering why noone else has made a competing standard. oh hey btw, we have this older standard which isn't just older but better... doesn't help that Samsung insist on renaming it and adding proprietary standards to it of course, but at least allShare is at it's base and most functions compatible with DLNA

#24 Scorbing

Scorbing

Halo Master

• 6,520 posts

Posted 03 December 2012 - 18:46

Maybe they will try to patent patenting

LOL...LOL...LOL...Good one.

#25 thealexweb

thealexweb

Neowinian Senior

• 7,313 posts

Posted 03 December 2012 - 18:53

This is like Apple patenting the right angle triangle for high-end laptops despite Dell releasing a similar albeit bulkier design in 2005 :/

#26 Scorbing

Scorbing

Halo Master

• 6,520 posts

Posted 03 December 2012 - 18:54

Their problem is very simple guys:

They are out of ideas. Big daddy is gone and they have absolutely no clue what direction to take. They once had total control of the mobile market, then one day, Android came along and gave users a better, faster experience and their #1 supplier of hardware joined the Android wagon so they are not happy because they feel betrayed so now they want to sue everybody and their mother and patent everything from a swype to a fingerprint. That my friends is called: Desperation.

Apple is scared to death that Android will take over and bury them. Companies like Samsung and HTC are innovating and changing and making their Droid products better and better while Google is perfecting Android more and more and that scares the hell out of Apple. They won't admit it, but its the truth. Their egos are way too high to admit defeat.

If they don't change the way they think, lower prices, open iOS more, keep wasting millions on law suits and perform other changes, they are going to sink. They may have more money than the U.S Government, but money doesn't last forever.

As far I see it, all they have left is the tablet market and OSX, because Windows 8 sucks and its not a threat to them. They are loosing the mobile market to Android (if they haven't already).

#27 Wakers

Wakers

Neowinian Senior

• 1,865 posts

Posted 03 December 2012 - 19:11

Eh, Apple are taking exactly the same steps with OSX that MS took with Windows 8. The problem is they're doing it bit by bit, which I think in the end will come back to bite them.

Windows 8 is far from terrible and it's selling really well.

#28 Boz

Boz

Neowinian Senior

• 7,434 posts

Posted 03 December 2012 - 22:52

Unfortunately this is the ONLY way they can continue locking their users in. Make everything proprietary so people have to keep buying their hardware.

#29 HawkMan

HawkMan

Neowinian Senior

• 21,428 posts
  • Phone: Noka Lumia 1020

Posted 03 December 2012 - 23:00

I guess you're also just as unhappy about Samsungs nonstandard proprietary extensions to DLNA to lock their customers into the Samsung ecoverse as well ? as well as their proprietary Apple like docking plugs ?

#30 +Brando212

Brando212

Neowinian Senior

• 6,614 posts
  • Phone: Sony Xperia ZL, Nokia Lumia 925

Posted 03 December 2012 - 23:03

I guess you're also just as unhappy about Samsungs nonstandard proprietary extensions to DLNA to lock their customers into the Samsung ecoverse as well ? as well as their proprietary Apple like docking plugs ?

they only seem to be doing proprietary adapters with their tablets it seems, the S3 & note 2 both use micro-usb don't they?