Last time I ever buy anything from HTC.

• Please log in to reply
22 replies to this topic

#16 +d5aqoëp

d5aqoëp

Banned

• 3,012 posts

Posted 04 December 2012 - 18:52

I have had one of each Samsung Omnia 7 and iPhone 4 die in front of me. Friend's HTC desire on the other hand still continues to work after 3 years and it gets custom ROM practically every day.

So electronic gadgetry is pot luck (Well most of the time)
Get a replacement if in warranty period and move on. If the replacement dies in same fashion, then it is a genuine problem.

#17 Kimleng

Kimleng

Neowinian

• 84 posts

Posted 04 December 2012 - 19:16

You try holding down that power button for 10+ seconds to see if it'll reboot or whatever?

I had an HTC Touch on Sprint and that thing was nice and solid. Switched to the Palm Pre for 3 years (HTC's quality was miles ahead of Palm), then finally went to the EVO LTE. It seems in the years between my two HTCs, they released numerous garbage phones. I can say that with the current line of HTCs, It's gonna be X series or bust. My EVO LTE (One X elsewhere) has been nothing short of astounding. Solid build, top notch components, and the battery life (I'm on Cyanogen based Paranoid Android ROM) has been amazing. If I do nothing but make calls, my phone easily lasts 2 or 3 days without a charge. With light use, I can go 12 hours and still have 50% battery left. Obviously, heavy usage on ANY device is gonna suck the living hell out of the battery. That screen...it hungers for power.

#18 OP Dot Matrix

Dot Matrix

Neowinian Senior

• 10,583 posts
  • Phone: Nokia Lumia 920

Posted 04 December 2012 - 19:33

You try holding down that power button for 10+ seconds to see if it'll reboot or whatever?

Yep. Multiple times.

#19 spacer

spacer

I'm awesome

• 6,521 posts
  • Phone: Nexus 4

Posted 04 December 2012 - 19:42

Is there a special button combination to boot into a BIOS menu? I know on the EVO it's something like: hold the volumn-down button and then press the power button until you get to the menu. Is there a similar combination for your phone?

I'm not sure if that requires a root or not...it's been so long since I rooted my phone. But the menu may have some options that could help you.

#20 psionicinversion

psionicinversion

Neowinian Senior

• 1,866 posts

Posted 04 December 2012 - 19:47

Hammer in the right place + phone = data loss

#21 OP Dot Matrix

Dot Matrix

Neowinian Senior

• 10,583 posts

Posted 04 December 2012 - 22:56

Hammer in the right place + phone = data loss

I can't do that. I have to send the phone back in in order to get my replacement.

#22 Growled

Growled

Neowinian Senior

• 41,508 posts

Posted 05 December 2012 - 01:15

I own a HTC Inspire. I know 3 other people who own that phone and all four of us have problems with it. I doubt I will ever own another HTC product.

#23 OP Dot Matrix

Dot Matrix

Neowinian Senior

• 10,583 posts

Posted 05 December 2012 - 01:16

I wonder if my new unit will suffer from the same LTE issues this one was too.