Last time I ever buy anything from HTC.

Today, my Titan II, bit the dust. It died sometime during my class today, after something happened with the battery. Which is strange, because I used it without problems *right* before class started. Plugging it in to Zune, and invoking the reset buttons does nothing, and the phone was charged over night last night. It's even more irritating because I've had this phone since July. It's not even a year old. This makes it the second HTC handset I've had spontaneously die on me in two years. I'm done. HTC, may your junk hardware rot in the deepest darkest parts of the underworld.

I'm being sent a replacement, however, I get the feeling it's another junk refurbished phone. Come next month, I'm moving to Nokia. I'm tired of fighting your recycled Android hardware.

You get what you pay for, what did you expect for a cheap phone, top of the line quality? Maybe invest in top of the line hardware next time and stop blaming the manufacturer because you're cheap

I have had nothing but great luck with HTC on both Android (Droid Incredible) and Trophy (WP7), both are still working great. Samsung on the other hand = I personally hate the cheap feeling, not to mention my Fascinate died.

• Like 1

HTC hasn't been very good quality in a few years from my experience. They were good when Android first started out, but turned to crap once Samsung started taking the lead in popularity

the only HTC device that actually has my interest now is there new WP8 phone, it's actually a quality piece of hardware again

Anyone have any clue how I would be able to wipe this thing without power? Is there a physical switch that I can toggle?

^ doubt it

Crap. I have an uneasy feeling sending the phone back in with my data technically still on it. Even under a password. :/

You get what you pay for, what did you expect for a cheap phone, top of the line quality? Maybe invest in top of the line hardware next time and stop blaming the manufacturer because you're cheap

Way to be dismissive!

Back in the WinMo v6 days, HTC was king. Now they are pure suck. The horrendous battery life of my wife's HTC EVO 4G is all I need to know never to go near them. Seriously though, did anyone test that phone out before selling it?

HTC hasn't been very good quality in a few years from my experience. They were good when Android first started out, but turned to crap once Samsung started taking the lead in popularity

the only HTC device that actually has my interest now is there new WP8 phone, it's actually a quality piece of hardware again

This. It seems the market goes in cycles. HTC had a while there, I'd say a year or two where their phones were garbage. Phones like the HTC Sensation, I remember my friend getting that one when I got the Infuse. It was terrible. Sense was terrible, everything about it was terrible. Meanwhile, Samsung was building fantastic devices that were far superior to HTC. Fast forward to the current market and Samsung's phones are getting cheaper and cheaper, and HTC's new flagships like the One series for Android and the 8 series for Windows Phone are about the best on the market. So I wouldn't take your anger towards them too far. They go in cycles of good phone and bad phones, you just have to pick the cycles right. I could promise you the 8X would be an incredible phone compared to the Titan II. You just hit them on the end of their crap cycle.

Way to be dismissive!

Back in the WinMo v6 days, HTC was king. Now they are pure suck. The horrendous battery life of my wife's HTC EVO 4G is all I need to know never to go near them. Seriously though, did anyone test that phone out before selling it?

See above. Their current phones certainly do not suck, but the phones for the last couple years prior, yes. The EVO was the first mainstream phone with a 4.3" screen and 4G, of course it had terrible battery life. That phone was a HUGE hit though as it was the best of everything for a while there, but you paid for it in poor battery life. People need to research phones and understand limitations or issues with them and how they affect what they look for in a phone before they purchase them.

Way to be dismissive!

Going off my experience, no. Lol. Pretty sure they just slapped together some hardware and sold it.

I could promise you the 8X would be an incredible phone compared to the Titan II. You just hit them on the end of their crap cycle.

Maybe. I have a buddy who just picked one up. We'll see how that goes...

I have an HTC EVO that is still running great. So, unless HTC drastically reduced their quality between when they released the EVO and the Titan 2, it's not really an HTC issue. Phones die all the time, regardless of manufacturer.

I would suggest removing the battery if possible. If it's a software issue that caused your phone to shut down, removing the battery should clear anything in memory and get your phone to boot, at the very least.

I have an HTC EVO that is still running great. So, unless HTC drastically reduced their quality between when they released the EVO and the Titan 2, it's not really an HTC issue. Phones die all the time, regardless of manufacturer.

I would suggest removing the battery if possible. If it's a software issue that caused your phone to shut down, removing the battery should clear anything in memory and get your phone to boot, at the very least.

I do feel like they did. The Evo was never a bad phone, aside from the battery life issue, but that was a well known issue. I think I've seen more old Evos hanging around than just about any other old phone. That's about where I mark the start of their slide.

I bought a HTC Desire when they were brand new, literally 5 minutes of the box it would overheat, freeze and refuse to boot until it cooled down, so did its replacement. So I decided on another phone, few years down the line I decided to grab HTC Sensation as I liked the look and specs of it and again another garbage phone, terrible build quality, the area below the CPU would get super hot, enough that it would be uncomfortable to the touch, battery life was terrible.

Definately won't be buying HTC again in a hurry.

Integrated battery. :/

I have had one of each Samsung Omnia 7 and iPhone 4 die in front of me. Friend's HTC desire on the other hand still continues to work after 3 years and it gets custom ROM practically every day.

So electronic gadgetry is pot luck (Well most of the time)

Get a replacement if in warranty period and move on. If the replacement dies in same fashion, then it is a genuine problem.

You try holding down that power button for 10+ seconds to see if it'll reboot or whatever?

I had an HTC Touch on Sprint and that thing was nice and solid. Switched to the Palm Pre for 3 years (HTC's quality was miles ahead of Palm), then finally went to the EVO LTE. It seems in the years between my two HTCs, they released numerous garbage phones. I can say that with the current line of HTCs, It's gonna be X series or bust. My EVO LTE (One X elsewhere) has been nothing short of astounding. Solid build, top notch components, and the battery life (I'm on Cyanogen based Paranoid Android ROM) has been amazing. If I do nothing but make calls, my phone easily lasts 2 or 3 days without a charge. With light use, I can go 12 hours and still have 50% battery left. Obviously, heavy usage on ANY device is gonna suck the living hell out of the battery. That screen...it hungers for power.

You try holding down that power button for 10+ seconds to see if it'll reboot or whatever?

Yep. Multiple times.

Is there a special button combination to boot into a BIOS menu? I know on the EVO it's something like: hold the volumn-down button and then press the power button until you get to the menu. Is there a similar combination for your phone?

I'm not sure if that requires a root or not...it's been so long since I rooted my phone. But the menu may have some options that could help you.

Hammer in the right place + phone = data loss

I can't do that. I have to send the phone back in in order to get my replacement.