SwiftKey Flow public beta

• Please log in to reply
33 replies to this topic

#31 BetaAddict

BetaAddict

Uncomplicating the complicated

• Phone: MotoX, Nexus 7, Android 4.4

Posted 10 December 2012 - 04:23

Waiting to get my Nexus 4 and then will give this a try. Overall, I find gesture keyboard input most useful if you have to use only one hand to type, otherwise it's just faster to use two fingers and type normally.

#32 AJerman

AJerman

Boomer Sooner!

• Phone: Nexus 5

Posted 11 December 2012 - 21:26

Waiting to get my Nexus 4 and then will give this a try. Overall, I find gesture keyboard input most useful if you have to use only one hand to type, otherwise it's just faster to use two fingers and type normally.

Agreed, that's why it's nice to see this on my favorite two thumb keyboard as well. Gives a good option for either. It seems to work pretty well too, but I typically type anyway, not slide/swipe/swype.

#33 Pupik

Pupik

Neowinian Senior

Posted 22 December 2012 - 01:59

Auto space doesn't work if you have 2 or more languages installed

That's not true. Got three languages installed and auto spaces works, without any problems.

#34 Javik

Javik

Beware the tyrrany of those that wield power

• Tech Issues Solved: 2

Posted 22 December 2012 - 02:39

I've been using swiftkey for a fair while now and it's a pretty decent keyboard, my only real gripe is that it keeps autocorrecting me when I use colloquialisms and swear words (which their authors need to be reminded ARE a legitimate part of the English language). Even given that gripe though i'd recommend it to most people. I however have never really been all that comfortable with gestural based keyboards