To Note (2) or not to Note (2)...that is THE question

android note ii galaxy nexus 3 uk three uk

• Please log in to reply
42 replies to this topic

#31 OP L1520

L1520

Neowinian

Posted 13 April 2013 - 21:22

Thought I'd update this thread with the news that the chipset in my GN2 went pop so I swapped out for a Lumia 920 & it is MUCH better than a GN2 - L920 is best phone I've ever used :-)

#32 rwx

rwx

Neowinian

Posted 13 April 2013 - 21:29

I don't like the Note 2. I would choose a different Android device. I recently posted a similar topic and said I was gonna get the Note 2 but I decided to go with another Android phone. Don't know which one because all of the good ones come with non-removable batteries. However I do like the Note 2 features.

#33 Growled

Growled

Neowinian Senior

• Tech Issues Solved: 1

Posted 14 April 2013 - 02:30

I've had my Note 2 for about a month. It's the best phone that I've ever had. It does so many things and does them well. I actually find myself using it in circumstances where I once used my tablet. The battery life is very decent. The screen and the audio is superb. My wife says she thinks I love my phone more than I love her. The one feature I don't use that much and I thought I would is the S-Pen. Maybe in time.

#34 cropcircles

cropcircles

Neowinian

Posted 18 April 2013 - 16:27

I've been seriously considering getting the Note 2 and just get frustrated over Sprint keeping it $299 although I did just look it up on Amazon Wireless and saw it for $149.99 with contract. wow can that be correct. When is the Note 3 coming out - Probably the day after I buy the Note 2. Thats usually how that goes.

#35 cropcircles

cropcircles

Neowinian

Posted 18 April 2013 - 16:32

I've had my Note 2 for about a month. It's the best phone that I've ever had. It does so many things and does them well. I actually find myself using it in circumstances where I once used my tablet. The battery life is very decent. The screen and the audio is superb. My wife says she thinks I love my phone more than I love her. The one feature I don't use that much and I thought I would is the S-Pen. Maybe in time.

Funny. Thanks for the information. My daughters boyfriend has one and he loves it and amazing watching him run it with just one hand. Really like the size of it. Have read recent articles on Sumsung coming out with the Note 3 and another 6 + inch phone. Wowzer. I do like a larger phone with my 10 inch hands. It's ridiculous for my trying to continue to use this HTC Hero (Keep laughing to a minimum please :)

#36 Wyrdstorm

Wyrdstorm

IT_Dogsbody

• Phone: Samsung Galaxy S4

Posted 18 April 2013 - 16:36

I have had the entire Samsung Galaxy range so far, and at the moment I have a Note 2, The phone is really good, I have found no issues with it so far, the size is different to get used to, but once used to it you will wonder how you ever had a smaller one!! I would recommend one defo :)

#37 +Nik L

Nik L

Where's my pants?

• Tech Issues Solved: 2

Posted 19 April 2013 - 14:34

Spot on!

#38 harrytuckerr

harrytuckerr

Neowinian

• Phone: Nokia Lumia 820, Nexus 4 and Samsung Galaxy S4

Posted 21 April 2013 - 06:13

Thought i'd ask around...

I have a Galaxy Nexus on sim only paying £12.90/month on three UK...I have been frustrated with the Android 4.2 random reboots that are driving me nuts.

I am considering a Note 2, however I am loathe to go back to a contract with any phone provider if I can avoid it.

I have been offered the Galaxy Note 2 (no upfront handset fee) for £38/month on 3. This has 500mins, unlimited data, 5000 texts...

I ONLY need 200 mins & three are not offering me a cheaper deal that covers 200 minutes which is pretty annoying!! Their contract plans are rigid even for long term customers which sucks.

Do you guys think I should stick it out with a randomly rebooting sim only Galaxy Nexus or is the Note 2 really that good that I would be silly not to upgrade with their offer?

Thanks guys

Regards

If you're looking to spend a little bit less money, I had a play with the Huawei Ascend Mate this week, its significantly cheaper than the Note II but still offered a pretty sweet big screen experience

#39 liquidguru

liquidguru

Posted 21 April 2013 - 06:41

I've had my Note 2 for five months and as has been pointed out above, it's an amazing phone. Powerful, great screen and just amazing battery life.

The other thing that's great about the Note 2 (and most Samsung phones) is that there are so many different custom ROMs and Kernels to choose from. Samsung's are a breeze to root and simple to change ROMs. It means you can really customise your phone, whether you want to stick with Touchwiz based ROMs or go for Android 4.2.2 ROMs. May of the other brands (Huawei, LG etc) have almost no development scene at all and can be very difficult to root.

#40 PGHammer

PGHammer

Neowinian Senior

Posted 18 September 2013 - 20:37

I just got a Note 2 (7") via - of all places - HSN (using it as a tablet - not a phone)..  (I went with the tablet option because I already have a phone, but didn't have a tablet, and I loathe the idea of a separate data contract - which I would need if I went with a smartphone of any sort).  Yes - an admitted tablet rookie now has a tablet.  The issue is connect5ing to the router (Netgear WNDR37800v4 with latest factory firmware).  I'm using the lower 2.4G band and thus N (not G) - however even right next to the router I'm having issues keeping a connection.  (WPA2).

#41 Growled

Growled

Neowinian Senior

Posted 19 September 2013 - 01:34

I've owned mine since March and I still love it as much today as the day I got it. Such an awesome phone....still.

#42 Raa

Raa

Resident president

• Tech Issues Solved: 4

Posted 19 September 2013 - 02:02

<snip>

Thanks for checking in after 5 months and letting us know. :)

Samsung really do make a good phone. (Y)

#43 PGHammer

PGHammer

Neowinian Senior

Posted 19 September 2013 - 17:46

Never said otherwise. I am only a rookie to tablets _ not Samsung. My current phone is Samsung, in fact.

Click here to login or here to register to remove this ad, it's free!