Photo

The great Dropbox poll

poll dropbox cloud storage cloud

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

Poll: The great Dropbox poll

How much Dropbox space do you have? (https://www.dropbox.com/account/info)

You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.

How much of your cloud storage capacity do you actually use?

You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.

How many friends have you referred? (https://www.dropbox.com/account/bonus)

Vote Guests cannot vote

#1 Ambroos

Ambroos

Neowinian Senior

• 6,031 posts
  • Phone: Sony Xperia Z2

Posted 08 December 2012 - 03:10

Questions says it all ^^

I've got 32,35GB right now, of which 15GB was earned through the Dropbox.com/spacerace, and I have received 25 referral bonuses. All other space is from get started/social network posts or the 2012 Dropquest :) I only use around 6% of it though, but it's growing slowly since I'm archiving a lot to it.

I'm very curious to see what's popular out there nowadays. I used to use Windows Live Mesh but switched to Dropbox since it went out of beta - and everyone at school uses Dropbox.

If you don't use Dropbox feel free to post whatever you use, what you (don't) pay for it and how much space you get.

#2 +Majesticmerc

Majesticmerc

Resident Idealist

• 6,025 posts
  • Phone: HTC One X

Posted 08 December 2012 - 03:20

I'm a Spideroak user myself. It's a bit more advanced than Dropbox, and they have a zero knowledge policy for your uploaded data (i.e. all data is encrypted, and they don't have a copy of your password). The two main caveats are that you get less free storage, and the UI for the application is a bit clunky compared to Dropbox. It's worth it for the encryption though IMO.

Referral link for an extra 1GB free...

#3 Growled

Growled

Neowinian Senior

• 41,508 posts

Posted 08 December 2012 - 03:29

I use mostly Google Drive, what little I use of it. I'm not much into the Cloud yet.

#4 Jose_49

Jose_49

Neowinian Senior

• 3,661 posts

Posted 08 December 2012 - 03:39

Never referred anyone. Have 2.5 GB and I don't care having more. Because I put only documents, and code which do not take more than 14 kb per files.

#5 nekkidtruth

nekkidtruth

I'm sorry, do you still exist?

• 1,774 posts
  • Phone: Stock LG Nexus 5

Posted 08 December 2012 - 03:44

I've had a Dropbox account for a while. At first it was used so a friend and I could transfer some files back and forth. Other than that it rarely got any use. A couple of months ago my cell phone was stolen and sadly a lot of pictures I had taken 3 months prior went with it. They were important pictures, last few months with my 13 year old dog. He passed away the morning after someone stole my phone (Convenient huh?).

Anyway, when I purchased my Samsung Galaxy S3, there was a special for S3 owners and my Dropbox was upgraded by 50GB! Since that's a lot of space that I don't normally use, and considering what had just happened....I set my new S3 up to automatically upload all pictures/videos directly to my Dropbox as soon as it's taken. I also setup all other apps that would automatically upload backups to Dropbox (Titanium Backup, SMS Backup to name a few). Definitely won't be put in a position to lose such important things again.

I <3 Dropbox!

#6 grayscale

grayscale

Neowinian

• 1,480 posts

Posted 08 December 2012 - 03:50

I use SkyDrive for files that are not frequently changing that I want to keep on the cloud for backup.

Dropbox is what I use for my school files since they involve non-Office files and the being able to restore a previous version is essential. Most of my friends are also using Dropbox so I need it for the shared folders.

Google Drive is only for collaboration on Docs. No other files are stored there.