Syfy's Defiance : Alpha

I signed up for the hell of it, no idea what the series is... I barely looked into it but the concept from the video I watched looks good. I applied for the 360 one.

Show has not started yet. The plan is for the game to be able to effect the show. Characters can/will cross from show to game as well.

The base concept is aliens have come to live here with us. The planet has been greatly changed from their ship crashes here.

From their site:

'In Defiance, the future is a dangerous place. Starship wreckage is raining to Earth in massive ?Arkfall? events that transform the landscape. Experience one first-hand as countless other players ? and a star from the Syfy series ? battle to survive and profit. Watch Ark Hunters wield the weapons of tomorrow against alien-hybrid horrors in a dynamic, scaling encounter, then travel seamlessly through a unified world into the weekly TV series. This ? Defiance ? is the future of transmedia entertainment.'

http://defiance.com/en/game/

They had some auditions for both the game and show here in Dallas about two or so weeks ago. But, no spoilers from me. ;) I hope they execute the concept well. But, I guess we'll see.

So, to get the full experience you will have to play the game? The show on itself is not complete?

Sounds like an interesting concept, interactive tv series in a way