Fantastic Four Reboot Gets A 2015 Release Date

With The Wolverine and X-Men: Days of Future already on track, 20th Century Fox's next big-screen adaptation based on a Marvel Comics property is the Fantastic Four reboot. And according to Exhibitor Relations, the reboot has been given a release date, which slates the all-new take on Marvel's First Family for a premiere in the same year as Star Wars Episode VII, maybe Justice League, and of course the other anticipated Marvel superhero ensemble flick, The Avengers sequel.

The new Fantastic Four film will hit theaters on March, 6, 2015! In addition to the release date, Fox also announced that The Wolverine, X-Men: Days of Future Past, Dawn of the Planet of the Apes and Percy Jackson: Sea of Monsters will all be 3D releases. No surprise there. Anyhow, directed by Chronicle helmer Josh Trank, who officially signed on back in July, the reboot is being penned by Jeremy Slater, who promises a take on the superhero team that ?fans deserve.?

The first two original films, Fantastic Four (2005) and Rise of the Silver Surfer (2007), were directed by Tim Story and starred Ioan Gruffudd as Reed Richards, Jessica Alba as Sue Storm, Chris Evans (now Captain America) as Johnny Storm/Human Torch, and Michael Chiklis as Ben Grimm/Thing. About the reboot, there were several casting rumors years ago when development of a new film was announced. But with a release date now confirmed

Source

I didn't really consider the last 2 movies horrible personally. I wouldn't say they were fantastic (ahahaha), but they weren't as horrible as apparently some feel. Doesn't make me any less excited for a reboot though.

Scarlett is no Sue Storm. Not even close to what I would picture. I love Jessica Alba, however I don't think she fits the bill either.

reboot!? wtf.... I liked the others they were perfectly casted IMO but I guess it will have to be since they used the same guy for Flamer and Captain America.

I really hope Fantastic Four lives up to what it can be this time around. The other movies weren't bad, but I always felt like the writing was just missing a lot... I always liked the Fantastic Four and would love for something like The Avengers for them. It's a great franchise.

• 4 weeks later...

Link....

Little is known about the upcoming reboot of Fantastic Four at Twentieth Century Fox Film, but the person most likely to know something, and spill the beans a little, is Fox creative consultant Mark Millar.

"From what I've seen and from talking to him ? he and I have had dinner a couple of times and we talk quite regularly as well ? he's contemporising it," Millar said in an interview with SciFiNow. "I think he's just making it work for the screen ? he's a great storyteller."

Chronicle, if you think about it, was similar to Fantastic Four in that it was a bunch of people who were transformed into something more than human ? that turned out almost his calling card to come and do something like Fantastic Four.

"What I wasn't expecting actually was just how funny and likeable he could make this as well as getting the more awesome moments on screen ? I use awesome in the traditional British sense and not the California sense awesome, you know? The Ridley Scott moments, and the Fantastic Four really are jaw-dropping in the same way you feel when you saw Alien for the first time. There's some moments in this ? not to be specific ? that are actually gonna be phenomenal on screen and stuff you haven't seen in a superhero movie before."

The film is slated for a March 6, 2015 release date. Michael Green and Jeremy Slater wrote the script. Are you excited about the Fantastic Four reboot?