6 posts in this topic

Posted

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IBXiI3GKWHg[/media]

[quote]Two of Capcom's biggest franchises are celebrating quarter-century anniversaries right next to each other. [i]Street Fighter[/i] has enjoyed all sorts of lavish promotions: [url="http://kotaku.com/5939030/this-is-the-300-chess-street-fighter-chess-set-capcom-sent-me-today"]a fancy chess set[/url] and [url="http://kotaku.com/5912884/now-this-is-how-you-celebrate-a-games-anniversary"]an anniversary edition chock full of games and collectible goodies[/url].
What's coming for poor, ol' neglected Mega Man, though? The poor robot hasn't had a release in years, after all, and fans are very upset about it. One fan took matters in his own hands and made a game. It's coming out in little more than a week and it's free.
Revealed exclusively here at [i]Kotaku[/i], [i]Street Fighter x Mega Man[/i] is an all-new retro-style game that pits the Blue Bomber against Ryu, Ken and six other World Warriors. The game's development was spearheaded by Capcom super-fan Seow "Sonic" Zong Hui, who also happens to be a pro competitive gamer. Kotaku will have more on [i]SFxMM [/i]soon. For now, here's the official press release from Capcom:

Capcom, a leading worldwide developer and publisher of video games, recently shared plans to release a new fan-made crossover title featuring two of the company's most iconic franchises. Street Fighter

Posted

Wow, this is only the best thing EVAR! And it's released on my birthday. Nice :3

Posted

It's rather mind boggling how they'd rather hand out free crap like this instead of finishing a game people would want to BUY like Megaman Legends 3.

Posted

[quote name='Blackhearted' timestamp='1355043798' post='595378724']
It's rather mind boggling how they'd rather hand out free crap like this instead of finishing a game people would want to BUY like Megaman Legends 3.
[/quote]

This game was made by one person with support from Capcom.

Posted

[quote name='Blackhearted' timestamp='1355043798' post='595378724']
[/quote]

Although I love the streetfighter series I do agree with you, it would be nice to see a new megaman game.

Posted

People already complaining, apparently:

[quote name='Ben Kuchera']

[b] Haters gonna hate[/b]

The game will be released as a free download for the PC on December 17, a fact that has caused some controversy among Capcom fans. Some people argue that it should have been released on a console, and that it will be hard to play with a keyboard. Sometimes it feels like every gift horse must be inspected thoroughly, starting with the mouth.