• Please log in to reply
97 replies to this topic

#46 @Leo

@Leo

Under Derp Patrol

• Phone: iPhone 4S

Posted 10 December 2012 - 18:26

Which brings me back to, why?

You aren't going to notice much difference on a 4" screen unless you have a better quality phone side by side. Phone cameras are pretty mediocre so why people are using mobile phones as a primary means to look at high quality images I do not know.

I'd rather have a cheaper phone with a good screen than an expensive phone with a great one.

I rarely use the phone camera. But I do transfer my Nikon DSLR library to the iPad and iPhone. Out in the sun, I agree, it doesn't matter. But indoors, there is no comparison. Samsung devices are not cheap at all, so there is no excuse using such crappy panels.

The iPad in particular is really great for looking at photos, because of its very high density display and very accurate colors. And iPhone 5 has almost as good display as iPad.

#47 Astra.Xtreme

Astra.Xtreme

Electrical Engineer

• Tech Issues Solved: 4

Posted 10 December 2012 - 18:33

You must have a bad screen. My GF has an S3 and I have the Note 2 and I don't see pixelation or over-saturation of an kind on them. This whole "iPhone has a better screen then the Samsung phones" thing is very simple:

Not everyone sees things the same way. What may be beautiful to me, might be ugly to you and vice versa. No human being can see colors the exact same way as others. We all see colors and light differently. You find the iPhone screen better looking? Then good for you. You like the way it looks. It makes you happy...Good.

I like the Samsung screen. I find it bright, colorful and fine. My eyes are happy with it. You are happy with your Retina display and I am happy with my Super AMOLED+ screen. It's all about preference and how your eyes sees things.

End of story.

No, the screen isn't bad. It's a universal problem with that type of display.
The S3 has a pentile display which is inferior to an RGB display in terms of quality, so that's what causes the pixelation. I don't think the Note 2 has a pentile display, so it may not have those problems.

#48 Luis Mazza

Luis Mazza

Neowinian

Posted 10 December 2012 - 18:37

By posting here, what do you think I am doing? Also, f`ck if I care what Hurrdurr Joe thinks? Popularity means zero when assessing quality.

The point is, it is not working. We have the devices you're referring to and we're not any Joe. Although we disagree with your technical reviews based on BS other websites say. We're actually USING the product.

#49 @Leo

@Leo

Under Derp Patrol

Posted 10 December 2012 - 18:45

Good for you. For your information, I work in mobile development, so I have access to these devices. I could care less what other websites, or you, the "actually USING" Joes, have to say.

#50 Luis Mazza

Luis Mazza

Neowinian

Posted 10 December 2012 - 18:48

Good for you. For your information, I work in mobile development, so I have access to these devices. I could care less what other websites, or you, the "actually USING" Joes, have to say.

I'm sure that the CERN scientists are much better than you. How can you live with that, Joe? I bet you also don't care. :p

#51 typu

typu

Neowinian

Posted 10 December 2012 - 18:51

*facepalm*

this list is not sorted due to frequency. if it was, then lock/unlock would be first on it...

but i would not be surprised if making phone calls is not the first priority on smartphones.

Don't really care what phone anyone uses - it's a personal thing. But found it interesting that you buy a mobile phone and making calls is 4th on your list of things you do with it.

#52 @Leo

@Leo

Under Derp Patrol

Posted 10 December 2012 - 18:52

I'm sure that the CERN scientists are much better than you. How can you live with that, Joe? I bet you also don't care. :p

They are indeed better in what they do, or at least let's hope so. But I also don't attempt to force my limited understanding in their field over their more developed understanding, nor do I attempt to force them to use bad technology because it is cheaper but popular. Which is what you are trying to do in your posts. I wouldn't mind scientists at CERN, however, forcing their knowledge upon the mainstream population, certainly over religious tardos. ;)

#53 Scorbing

Scorbing

Halo Master

• Phone: Galaxy Note 2

Posted 10 December 2012 - 18:54

Why all the anger? Chill out.

#54 Luis Mazza

Luis Mazza

Neowinian

Posted 10 December 2012 - 18:55

They are indeed better in what they do, or at least let's hope so. But I also don't attempt to force my limited understanding in their field over their more developed understanding, nor do I attempt to force them to use bad technology because it is cheaper but popular. Which is what you are trying to do in your posts. I wouldn't mind scientists at CERN, however, forcing their knowledge upon the mainstream population, certainly over religious tardos. ;)

We love the AMOLED screen! Live us ALONE!!! :cry:

LOL :D

#55 @Leo

@Leo

Under Derp Patrol

Posted 10 December 2012 - 18:57

Why all the anger? Chill out.

No anger, just bored. And I have a strong dislike for mediocrity, sorry.

#56 The_Observer

The_Observer

Apples, Bananas, Rhinoceros!

• Tech Issues Solved: 1
  • Phone: iPhone5s

Posted 10 December 2012 - 19:13

Will you still say iOS is more polished when the time comes and it navigates you, say, into a forest instead of where you actually want to go?

Dont have this issue with my iPhone, it this problem related to only people in the USA?

#57 @Leo

@Leo

Under Derp Patrol

Posted 10 December 2012 - 19:20

Dont have this issue with my iPhone, it this problem related to only people in the USA?

It is dependent on the quality of one's maps coverage. But a Maps app is hardly any actual indication on the OS quality. Just like the awful mspaint.exe is not an indication that Windows 7 is bad. :rolleyes:

#58 Astra.Xtreme

Astra.Xtreme

Electrical Engineer

• Tech Issues Solved: 4

Posted 10 December 2012 - 19:25

The Maps app has worked really well for me. I've only had one instance where it had a restaurant on the wrong side of the road.
People can download the free Maps++ app if they want, which is literally Google Maps.

#59 @Leo

@Leo

Under Derp Patrol

Posted 10 December 2012 - 19:28

The Maps app has worked really well for me. I've only had one instance where it had a restaurant on the wrong side of the road.
People can download the free Maps++ app if they want, which is literally Google Maps.

Sadly, it is missing Google Street View.

#60 Tom-Helge

Tom-Helge

I love Ferrari, Lamborghini, Android & Volcanoes

• Phone: Samsung Galaxy Note (GT-N7000)

Posted 10 December 2012 - 19:29

I'm sure iOS have many good apps. But that's not changing the fact that iOS is really bad and is from the stone age now.

Take a look at Android 1.5 and then look at Android 4.2. And then look at the first iPhone OS and then look at iOS 6. How many changes are there from the first iPhone OS to the current iOS 6?

Yey, you can change wallapaper, weeeeee. That's revolutionary.

Now, look at Android 1.5 and then look at Android 4.2. Now, tell me how many changes you see here compared to the changes in iOS?

That list for Android is fking HUUUUUUUGE. On iOS however, i can count the visible changes in iOS 6 from the first iPhone OS on one hand.

Oh also, the user experience on iOS suck donkey kong, i mean, it's seriously bad today. Those who wonder why i say this have NEVER tried the current iOS 6 and Android 4.1x / 4.2. iOS is light years behind Android in pretty much everything except for the AppStore.

Peoples always talks about how Android is confusing to alot of peoples. Ehhhm lol, and you think a massive bunch og icons squeezed into some pages are any more user friendly to the users when they have to scroll pages after pages to find their apps to use?

Take a look at my playlist here on YouTube to understand what i'm talking about: http://www.youtube.c...feature=mh_lolz

If there isn't going to be any BIG major changes in iOS 7, then i belive iOS will end up in the same way as Symbian. Yeah, iOS will die out slowly if it doesn't change dramaticly pretty soon.