skippy de do da

• 4,640 posts
  • Phone: Android

Posted 10 December 2012 - 17:02

Over 13,000 petition White House to build a Death Star

Published December 10, 2012
FoxNews.com

• Posted Image

The Death Star, a planet-sized gun built by Darth Vader and the Empire in George Lucas's science fiction series "Star Wars." (Lucas Arts)

They really want the Empire to strike back.
Citing a need for increased “space superiority” and job creation, over 13,000 people have signed an official petition on WhiteHouse.gov demanding that the United States government secure funds and resources and begin construction of a Death Star by 2016Posted Image.
“By focusing our defense resources into a space-superiority platform and weapon system such as a Death Star, the government can spur job creation in the fields of construction, engineering, space exploration, and more, and strengthen our national defense,” reads the petition.

'Those who sign here petition the United States government to secure funding and resources, and begin construction on a Death Star by 2016.'

- White House petition

As of Monday morning, it had received 13,302 signatures -- far more than nearly every other petition on the site.
A proposal to increase the budget of NASA has received just 3,964 votes. A call for protection for Guatemalan citizens in light of recent earthquakes: 8,563.
A suggestion that federal employees get Christmas Eve off has received 14,646 votes.
Despite the groundswell of enthusiasm for the plan -- which was filed under “science and space policy” -- it stands little chance of reaching President Obama’s desk. The petition needs another 11,700 signatures to reach the 25,000 threshold necessary for the government to take it seriously.
“The right to petition your government is guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution,” the website explains. And while the Death Star concept passed the first threshold of 150 signatures, which makes it searchable on the site, it has until Dec. 14 to cross that line.
If it fails, the petitioner may have to scale back his demands: perhaps the right to bear lightsabers?

Read more: http://www.foxnews.c...s#ixzz2Ef3affGK

I think these people are smoking some weed. Probably most of the signers are from weed states.

#2 Aheer.R.S.

Aheer.R.S.

I cannot Teach Him, the Boy has no Patience!

• 11,528 posts

Posted 10 December 2012 - 17:06

oh, I don't know about the weed, but I hope they address the issue of the main reactor, seeing as 2 have already been destroyed by means of attacking the reactor.

#3 hooko22

hooko22

Neowinian

• 155 posts

Posted 10 December 2012 - 17:08

Oh damn where do you signup!

#4 OP *RedBull*

*RedBull*

skippy de do da

• 4,640 posts

Posted 10 December 2012 - 17:10

^^ That's a good point. We wouldn't want a Luke Skywalker wanna be from the dessert states to fly the gorge and drop a bomb down that main shaft. Maybe partition the main gorge? I mean that was a very long ride to the bomb site. What engineer would build such a thing and not see that weakness.

#5 MikeChipshop

MikeChipshop

Miniman

• 6,605 posts
  • OS: Win 8, Win 7, Vista, OSX, iOS, Android, WP8 and various Linux distro's
  • Phone: HTC 8X / Nexus 5

Posted 10 December 2012 - 17:11

** rolls eyes **

#6 redvamp128

redvamp128

Neowinian Senior

• 3,925 posts

Posted 10 December 2012 - 18:01

I heard once they were considering -- Building one around Mars to help to terra-form it -- You know use the "Death Star" to shield it while they pump it full of the things needed to support life plus increase the speed of rotation.

#7 Sadelwo

Sadelwo

Neowinian

• 1,056 posts
  • Phone: Lumia 820

Posted 10 December 2012 - 18:14

I would think construction of Space elevators or Oneil Cylinder/Stanford Torus type orbiting colonies would be a better option.

#8 Azusa

Azusa

Neowinian Senior

• 10,000 posts

Posted 10 December 2012 - 18:21

Posted Image

this would be a better project as it's Main Gun isn't fixed.

#9 OP *RedBull*

*RedBull*

skippy de do da

• 4,640 posts

Posted 10 December 2012 - 19:01

^ Not sure of what that thing is.

I'm down for a Deathstar in orbit so long as they use it to wipe anyone, who wants to regulate (tax) the internet, off the face of the Earth. :shiftyninja:

*to make it clear; I'm talking about the UN.

#10 remixedcat

remixedcat

meow!

• 10,072 posts
  • Phone: I use telepathy and cat meows to communicate

Posted 10 December 2012 - 19:03

Dyson sphere or the Halo

#11 +Nik L

Nik L

Where's my pants?

• 33,994 posts

Posted 10 December 2012 - 19:06

Thing is... All these people who put their names to such petitions, sign as "Jedi" on government surveys, etc... What they are doing is providing their government with a list of people who are worth "keeping an eye on" as "anti-government" or supposedly "non-conformist". I'm not saying this goes any deeper than that - but you know each of these names is now in a database somewhere with a flag showing their participation.

Or entirely ignored.

#12 McKay

McKay

Neowinian Stallion

• 5,922 posts
  • Phone: LG G3

Posted 10 December 2012 - 19:24

oh, I don't know about the weed, but I hope they address the issue of the main reactor, seeing as 2 have already been destroyed by means of attacking the reactor.

At least an Earth built deathstar would have a handrail by the reactor. Health & Safety would ensure it :rofl:

#13 2xSilverKnight

2xSilverKnight

Neowinian Master

• 2,086 posts

Posted 10 December 2012 - 20:05

I think these people are smoking some weed. Probably most of the signers are from weed states.

Weed .. really ? You seem to be ignorant about the matter.

How about LSD and cocaine ?

#14 Azusa

Azusa

Neowinian Senior

• 10,000 posts

Posted 10 December 2012 - 22:04

^ Not sure of what that thing is.

I'm down for a Deathstar in orbit so long as they use it to wipe anyone, who wants to regulate (tax) the internet, off the face of the Earth. :shiftyninja:

*to make it clear; I'm talking about the UN.

It's This also

#15 rfirth

rfirth

Software Engineer

• 4,135 posts
  • Phone: Nokia Lumia 620

Posted 10 December 2012 - 22:17

Thing is... All these people who put their names to such petitions, sign as "Jedi" on government surveys, etc... What they are doing is providing their government with a list of people who are worth "keeping an eye on" as "anti-government" or supposedly "non-conformist". I'm not saying this goes any deeper than that - but you know each of these names is now in a database somewhere with a flag showing their participation.

Or entirely ignored.

This petition will probably be completely ignored, but if it gets more than 25,000 signatures, expect a hilarious response from the White House.

If your concerns were valid at all, it would be more for those people who signed those petitions to secede. Nothing is going to happen to them, but their name, location, and IP address are logged in a computer system owned by the federal government.