england dont walk yet emergency caesarean

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 Hum

Hum

totally wAcKed

• 63,506 posts

Posted 10 December 2012 - 22:54

THEY are too young to walk, talk or even crawl, but tiny twins William and Ellenita Trykush can swim a length of a 25-metre pool at just nine months old.

The water babies love gliding up and down on their backs, kicking their legs to propel them along.

And as the video above shows, they even smile while they're swimming. Their achievements are even more astonishing given that they were born by emergency caesarean six weeks early.

The twins' extraordinary talent emerged during a family holiday to Cyprus in October when they began to swim under water, unaided and without armbands.

On their return to Cirencester, Gloucestershire, UK, their mother Charlotte, 35, took them to the local baby pool where they both suddenly set off on their backs.

"First they did five metres, then a width at seven metres, and then a length of 12 metres," said French-born Mrs Trykush, a former swimming coach. "There was hardly anyone in the adult pool, so I suggested to their teacher that we try the big pool. They did an entire length with me swimming underneath them on my back to make sure they were all right."

source & video

Attached Images

• babiesSwim.jpg

#2 Growled

Growled

Neowinian Senior

• 41,508 posts

Posted 11 December 2012 - 00:21

That is amazing. I am deathly afraid of water, myself. I could never do that.

#3 OP Hum

Hum

totally wAcKed

• 63,506 posts

Posted 11 December 2012 - 16:44

I'd be lucky to dag-paddle. :blush:

#4 Richteralan

Richteralan

Neowinian Senior

• 2,360 posts
  • Phone: Nexus 4 E960

Posted 11 December 2012 - 16:52

Backstroke is actually pretty easy. You can breathe freely, unlike the other 3 strokes that you have to breathe in rhythm.

Back float is also much easier than tummy float.

#5 DocM

DocM

Neowinian Senior

• 19,015 posts

Posted 11 December 2012 - 18:02

The best time to teach swimming is when kids are still very young. We all swim for 9 months inside our mothers and those instincts don't go away. We taught our kids to swim as infants too, it isn't that uncommon, and they've swam like fish ever since.

#6 Shadrack

Shadrack

Neowinian Senior

• 15,335 posts

Posted 11 December 2012 - 18:13

but tiny twins William and Ellenita Trykush can swim a length of a 25-metre pool at just nine months old.

Their achievements are even more astonishing given that they were born by emergency caesarean six weeks early.

So these 9 month old twins were born 6 weeks ago?

#7 Pupik

Pupik

Neowinian Senior

• 6,267 posts

Posted 11 December 2012 - 18:14

So these 9 month old twins were born 6 weeks ago?

No. Just six weeks earlier than expected.

And I like how no actual swimming was shown in the video. They just floated like logs, with some leg kicking here and there like all normal babies do when they lie ont heir back.

#8 Detection

Detection

Detecting stuff...

• 8,369 posts

Posted 11 December 2012 - 18:16

I thought Sinofsky was American ? :p

Posted Image