10 posts in this topic

Posted

How British is British Enough? Ask the Cultural Test

ZombiU-police.jpg

If a UK video game developer wants to qualify for tax relief, it will need to create a game that passes the country

Posted

In this content I guess you can never have too much British.

Posted

What an archaic system, good to know the UK just loves to fall further into obscurity as a premier games developer nation. GT5 is made by a Japanese company but features a significant amount of international content - with a very small amount of actual Japanese content. By this system, the game isn't "Japanese" at all and so wouldn't receive a tax break - despite the fact that it's Japanese made and developed and published by 2 different Japanese companies who offer a high-calibre Japanese export.

But oh no, there's an Aston Martin and a Ferrari in there, so who gives a ****?

Posted

Bring back The Getaway

Posted

Just when I think my country is about to do something that benefits it, it goes and pulls something retarded like a Britishness scale for computer games.

1 person likes this

Posted

By the title, I was thinking about how annoying are gamechap(s). Had to listen to them during the yogscast's stream last night and almost killed myself. They were too British for me.

Posted

To be British enough, you have to get genuinely excited by the prospect of a hot drink.

2 people like this

Posted

To be British enough, you have to get genuinely excited by the prospect of a hot drink.

HAHA I didn't get that but it made me laugh.... Although it should have read "excited by the prospect of a decent pint"...

Posted

As long as it doesn't entail the Union Jack being plastered all over game environments then it's fine by me. I'm fine with games simply having British locations and non-clich

1 person likes this

Posted

I wonder how high Ultima would score on this scale. After all, it has Lord British.

1 person likes this