Photo

Window opens up just barely above the taskbar

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 dre2112

dre2112

Neowinian

Posted 12 December 2012 - 22:34

Any way to solve this from happening? It seems to only happen with the printer options window which wouldn't be a big deal but I print A LOT for work and need to ahve the window centered on my screen. I've attached a pic:

Attached Images

• printer.jpg

#2 articuno1au

articuno1au

Neowinian Senior

• Tech Issues Solved: 3

Posted 12 December 2012 - 22:35

Drag it up into the middle of the screen and then press the red X.

It should set it's last used window location to there and will open there by default >.<

#3 OP dre2112

dre2112

Neowinian

Posted 14 December 2012 - 19:00

tried that, didn't make a difference. The window still opens up in the same spot

#4 BeerFan

BeerFan

Neowinian Senior

Posted 15 December 2012 - 05:32

How about you give some details about your setup? How big is your monitor? What is your resolution? Is this a physical machine or a VM? Are you using any software packages that are designed to alter your viewing experience? Mac or PC?? 1 year old or 15 years old? Windows or Mac with Parallels? Chicken or egg? Joking of course, but to illustrate that troubleshooting requires detailed information, and you have provided VERY little.

#5 remixedcat

remixedcat

meow!

• Tech Issues Solved: 1
  • Phone: I use telepathy and cat meows to communicate

Posted 15 December 2012 - 12:42

Another reason PRINTERS ARE EVIL!

#6 DrakeN2k

DrakeN2k

Neowinian

Posted 15 December 2012 - 12:43

Ctrl and the red x should fix it

#7 Steven P.

Steven P.

aka Neobond

• Tech Issues Solved: 88

Posted 15 December 2012 - 12:54

Right click on the title bar and select Move ;) Drag to the center and then close. Should save to that position.

#8 Growled

Growled

Neowinian Senior

• Tech Issues Solved: 1

Posted 16 December 2012 - 03:08

Do the above and try rebooting.

#9 OP dre2112

dre2112

Neowinian

Posted 17 December 2012 - 19:34

Hey guys, thanks for the help. I tried all of those things and right click + move seemed to help temporarily. When I restart it goes back to the same way just above the taskbar.

For more info, my PC is running Windows 8. The software is the default windows print screen which pops up when you hit print in any document (this only seems to happen when I print from pdf files and not Word or any other software.)

Would reinstalling the printer software/drivers help?

#10 GreenMartian

GreenMartian

Neowinian Senior

Posted 17 December 2012 - 19:42

(this only seems to happen when I print from pdf files and not Word or any other software.)

Maybe your PDF reader is being dumb, thinking it's spawning the window in the middle of the screen? Try a different reader?

#11 Detection

Detection

Detecting stuff...

Posted 17 December 2012 - 19:43

Hey guys, thanks for the help. I tried all of those things and right click + move seemed to help temporarily. When I restart it goes back to the same way just above the taskbar.

For more info, my PC is running Windows 8. The software is the default windows print screen which pops up when you hit print in any document (this only seems to happen when I print from pdf files and not Word or any other software.)

Would reinstalling the printer software/drivers help?

Open a folder window, goto Organise > View > Folders and Search Options > Uncheck Hide protected operating system files

Posted Image

Delete the "desktop.ini" files on the desktop

Posted Image

Reboot and see if that helps