Photo

Why are most people so ignorant about the nurse's suicide?

• Please log in to reply
90 replies to this topic

#16 +Nik L

Nik L

Where's my pants?

• 34,333 posts

Posted 13 December 2012 - 22:35

Elitist nonsense. You have an opinion and label any other as "ignorant"? Get over yourself.

#17 The_Observer

The_Observer

Apples, Bananas, Rhinoceros!

• 3,991 posts
  • Phone: iPhone5s

Posted 13 December 2012 - 23:14

What about Managerment, they are the ones that should be on the news! What are the rules about airing something like this with permission. How can it be legal to record a phonecall and then air it on the raidio. The DJs are taking all the blame while there bosses are hiding.

At the end of the day, it very sad what happened, and its needs to be addressed. Management should be first then the DJ's.

#18 Growled

Growled

Neowinian Senior

• 41,508 posts

Posted 13 December 2012 - 23:18

It's a sad situation all the around. No one is to blame really but I've seen pranks go awry in my life and people do get hurt, so you have to be careful when you do one. It's not harmless fun and games.

#19 +warwagon

warwagon

Only you can prevent forest fires.

• 27,039 posts

Posted 13 December 2012 - 23:34

It's a sad situation all the around. No one is to blame really but I've seen pranks go awry in my life and people do get hurt, so you have to be careful when you do one. It's not harmless fun and games.

Exactly, it's all fun and games until someone gets hung like a mistletoe.

#20 Sylar0

Sylar0

Neowinian

• 1,353 posts

Posted 13 December 2012 - 23:38

Don’t have much of a comment out of respect for the family but for all we know the lady could have has other things going on, yes the DJ caused the chain of events but they did not kill her.

PS you do all know she WAS NOT the Nurse who gave the personal information out she was as reported in UK media the Nurse WHO ANWSERD THE CALL.

#21 Nashy

Nashy

Neowinian Senior

• 9,066 posts
  • Phone: Samsung Galaxy S5 - SM-G900i

Posted 13 December 2012 - 23:42

It's a load of ****. The DJ's haven't broken the law of this country, it's a ****ing prank call. They are made everyday by many, many radio stations across the globe.

#22 Sylar0

Sylar0

Neowinian

• 1,353 posts

Posted 13 December 2012 - 23:48

It's a load of ****.  The DJ's haven't broken the law of this country, it's a ****ing prank call.  They are made everyday by many, many radio stations across the globe.

Not calling for their arrest but I think your nation needs to have a policy against attempting to call hospitals. Not every nation is as keen on this sort of thing and it was an international call.

#23 Nashy

Nashy

Neowinian Senior

• 9,066 posts
  • Phone: Samsung Galaxy S5 - SM-G900i

Posted 13 December 2012 - 23:50

Not calling for their arrest but I think your nation needs to have a policy against attempting to call hospitals. Not every nation is as keen on this sort of thing and it was an international call.

Why? Because one stressed out worker breaks privacy laws, feels embarrassed and tops herself?

#24 OP yo popcaan

yo popcaan

Neowinian

• 50 posts

Posted 13 December 2012 - 23:52

It's a load of ****. The DJ's haven't broken the law of this country, it's a ****ing prank call. They are made everyday by many, many radio stations across the globe.

I think it's naive to think that this is just a "prank". There is much more to that. When this makes the news all over the world, it's a whole different situation. I'm not blaming the DJs, blame human nature. Look at what's going on the the DJs right now. Same ****.

Before modern/social media blew up like this, everything seemed to be within reasonable limits when it came to such pranks, confined to smaller audiences. With the internet ruining people's lives and human nature being the reason of it, I don't see how it can't get worse for many more people. Those with the power to humiliate specific individuals are not taking responsibility because they ignore the severe impact the amount of emotional distress this might cause. You did something humiliating let's say 50 years ago, you could easily leave your area and start a new life. Now, anywhere you go, there is a way to easily dig up **** from you. There is no where left to go. You selfish people don't see it like that.

Like I said before, humans are not emotionally ready for this type of global attention. It's even worse when it's so ****ing humiliating.

#25 Growled

Growled

Neowinian Senior

• 41,508 posts

Posted 13 December 2012 - 23:52

You can get arrested for making certain type of prank calls in many places.

#26 Sylar0

Sylar0

Neowinian

• 1,353 posts

Posted 13 December 2012 - 23:54

Why?  Because one stressed out worker breaks privacy laws, feels embarrassed and tops herself?

FYI read my other post she was only the lady who transferred the call. I doubt she broke any law. No because ATTEMPTING TO GET INFORMATION even as a prank out of a HOSPITAL is wrong it wastes their time for one. Nothing to do with the death would you “prank” the emergency services? Other places sure but please no hospitals. Poor taste.

#27 vetCalum

Calum

Neowinian Senior

• 13,211 posts

Posted 13 December 2012 - 23:54

She didn't hang herself because she felt bad over the call, she did it because the hospital staff most probably gave her enormous amounts of **** about it and treated her like crap.
Of course, the hospital nor it's staff will ever admit to that.

Also, the way the media reported on it was terrible; it was probably very embarrassing for her and it was probably very damaging to her feeling of self-worth. I don't think either the media or the DJs can be blamed, but the media really did lay into her :/

#28 n_K

n_K

Neowinian Senior

• 5,402 posts
  • Phone: Nokia 3315

Posted 13 December 2012 - 23:58

*looks up*
I can see this thread getting locked sharpish :/.

It was on the news that apparently they did phone somewhere 5 times before playing it on air to get permission but no-one responded back to them so they did.
In theory it is fraud (you're claiming to be someone you are not) but it's the same with the go-daddy problem where people were pretending to be other people, due to stress, repetitiveness and other things going on you're not gonna be checking up on security 100% of the time!

#29 Sandor

Sandor

Neowinian Senior

• 3,995 posts

Posted 14 December 2012 - 00:13

[WARNING: Swearing is included in the following page.]

I'll just step in at this juncture and direct you to winning-central.

Edited by Calum, 14 December 2012 - 13:44. Reason: Added a warning about the swearing, due to our rules on swearing.

#30 Riva

Riva

Neowinian Senior

• 1,536 posts

Posted 14 December 2012 - 00:15

I hope they go to jail and the station closes down. If you want to do a prank then keep it in line.