20 posts in this topic

Posted

The City of Baltimore recently issued a ticket to Daniel Doty for speeding 38 miles per hour in a 25-mph zone

Posted

1200 tickets a day, they are not being reviewed, those tickets are being manually batch processed IMHO.

3 people like this

Posted

at 1200 tickets a day at some point your mind most likely goes into auto pilot :/ manual review is not always the greatest method of things

Posted

Funny, the officer who reviewed the tape needs to get a suspension/fine.

2 people like this

Posted

Funny, the officer who reviewed the tape needs to get a suspension/fine.

Why? For making a harmless mistake? No one was hurt; just inconvenienced...

1 person likes this

Posted

Yeah these systems are not automated, only the submission of the infraction is and the billing. A sworn officer has to manually review each of the infractions and approve/deny them before the ticket is actually sent out. At least that is the way it is down here in Florida from the 2 major vendors that offer these services to local agencies.

Posted

Why? For making a harmless mistake? No one was hurt; just inconvenienced...

Usually I'd think this as well. However 'harmless', no. The officer is stating that per the evidence provided to him the driver DID speed/go through the light... He lied.

Yes, he is likely overworked, but holding PEOPLE accountable is the best way to force change. Additionally, how many more incidents like this have occurred? Where the equipment stated that the person was going at a speed that was horribly wrong?

1 person likes this

Posted

Oh well, mistakes happen. Glad it all worked out for the driver.

1 person likes this

Posted

1200 tickets a day, they are not being reviewed, those tickets are being manually batch processed IMHO.

If we are to assume that each video clip is 3 seconds long, it would only take an hour to review 1200 tickets (3 x 1200 = 3600 seconds = 1 hour). Obviously you'd add a few seconds to actually play the video clips.

Seems doable!

Posted

If we are to assume that each video clip is 3 seconds long, it would only take an hour to review 1200 tickets (3 x 1200 = 3600 seconds = 1 hour). Obviously you'd add a few seconds to actually play the video clips.

Seems doable!

Yea if you watched them back to back, but after each one the person watching has to write up the report / issue the ticket

If they had a YES / NO button it would be easier lol

Posted

...his four-door Mazda wagon stopped at a red light with the break lights on.

"break" lights? Oh ffs. Oi, Baltimore Sun, looking for an editor? My rates are reasonable :D

1 person likes this

Posted

Yes please hire Charisma she has mad grammar and spelling skills and a nice tush. (Y)

best of luck to you Charisma! :)

Posted

ROFL, how would you know what my tush looks like? :laugh:

But yeah, come on, that's an elementary mistake :s

Anyway, on-topic... I assume they'll just let him tear up the ticket and be done with it. Mistakes happen--cannot believe how many people make such a HUGE DEAL about these things. Good job he isn't trying to sue for 'emotional distress' or some BS.

2 people like this

Posted

Usually I'd think this as well. However 'harmless', no. The officer is stating that per the evidence provided to him the driver DID speed/go through the light... He lied.

Yes, he is likely overworked, but holding PEOPLE accountable is the best way to force change. Additionally, how many more incidents like this have occurred? Where the equipment stateOd that the person was going at a speed that was horribly wrong?

I'm betting as soon as he shows his ticket to someone in administration, they'll correct the mistake. That's ask it was, a mistake.

1 person likes this

Posted

"break" lights? Oh ffs. Oi, Baltimore Sun, looking for an editor? My rates are reasonable :D

Yeah, I've caught and corrected several News stories too. I commented before that spelling mistakes seem to be on the rise. :laugh:

Posted

That's not how it's spelled? :D

Posted

Yeah, I've caught and corrected several News stories too. I commented before that spelling mistakes seem to be on the rise. :laugh:

damn you autocorrect.

Posted

ROFL, how would you know what my tush looks like? :laugh:

;) I won't tell.

Posted

Oh, but do tell us more. :p

Posted

I got a ticket from a camera before, you can contest them in court.