Looking for a Solution that does the following

Question

I am looking to implement something that contains the features below for my development team.  Please let me know of the solutions that you would suggest.

1. Secure Place
  2. Able to Put in Code Snippets
  3. Able to Save Passwords
  4. Able to Save Licenses
  5. Documentation around the Code
  6. Behind a SSO (SAML/AD/ADFS)
  7. Wiki type of interface
  8. Onsite or Cloud Solution

5 answers to this question

I know it's been some time since this question was asked, but it really depends on what you're using it for. Licenses are often store seperately from the things you stated above, however you can use secrets managers to store license keys if you're willing to do so.

The more popular all-in-one services that also offer on-prem deployments are GitLab and Atlassian. GitLab is a bit more modern, but supports things like Secrets/Passwords, git repos, documentation pages, etc. As far as I know you can also apply certain levels of encryption and SSO/SAML/OIDC.

Atlassian is a bit more pricey, but does offer additional options that can easily extend the usability, and Confluence is a pretty powerful tool that most other vendors can't quite compete with. For example, most other developer focused tools will require direct editing of Markdown files for documentation. Confluence allows anyone without code knowledge to make similarly rich pages in a wiki-style structure.

It all just depends on what features you most want to use, and what the skill level of the people who are going to be using it on a day to day basis is.

Hello,

Are you asking for a recommendation as to what to run this on?  Perhaps a network using Microsoft Windows Server 2019 with Active Directory as the server, and clients running Windows 10?  You could probably integrate macOS or Chrome OS, too, if those were in use.

Regards,

Aryeh Goretsky

I am asking for a solution that has all those features built in for developers to use.

So the secure place is optional to making sure it is either on site or soc II certified.