Photo

• Please log in to reply
48 replies to this topic

#46 trooper11

trooper11

Neowinian Senior

• 5,050 posts

Posted 17 December 2012 - 02:33

Regarding what Anon did, I really dont care either way.

Personally, I feel like both groups have serious issues. While the Anon group sometimes attacks something we can all rally around, they also go after things that we shake our heads over. If your looking for a group with a clear set of standards, Anon is not it. WBC, on the other hand, is clearly a radical group that goes way too far. The worst part is that their insane actions make all religious groups look bad even if the vast majority would never agree with the stuff they spew. If Anon wants to mess with them, especially if WBC attacked in some way first, then have at it.

Besides, all we are talking about is internet related actions. This is all meaningless stuff in the long run. Its not like the two groups are actaully fighting, as in real people in the real world. If one attacks the other, I doubt it would lead to one dissappearing.

#47 Growled

Growled

Neowinian Senior

• 41,508 posts

Posted 17 December 2012 - 03:18

Does the US not have laws against hate speech? Westboro members are clearly infringing on the rights and freedoms of others, which shouldn't be tolerated under the guise of free speech.

You'd think that but somehow hate laws only relate to certain groups and not everyone.

#48 Guest_seanseany_*

Guest_seanseany_*

Posted 17 December 2012 - 03:37

Absolutely Seta , we made a big mistake by letting them in to preach the hatred in the first place. But now we are getting rid of them one by one.

Abu Hamza for instance.

Abu Qatada is on his way out, soon as we convince Jordan to treat him nice in jail.

These two examples have tried to cause divide in the British people by preaching hatred.They are entitled to chastise us ( lets not forget the UK and the US are allies) because in the eyes of the organisations they represent we have wronged them.Everyone is entitled to an opinion. peaceful protest is welcomed in my home city of London.Ever hear of Speakers Corner?

if Anonymous wants to troll Scientology globally again as they did in the past. They should be allowed to.do so , so long as its peaceful and in no way vulgar or offensive to the general public/public opinion. WBC should be allowed to protest as they wish but when it becomes obscene and offensive to the general public it becomes an issue. They do it for the shock value and to generate publicity and they manipulate the media very well.

How do we/should we define whats acceptable ? common sense should play a major part in it for a start. Society should dictate whats acceptable and the government should enforce it. Governments should be scared of the people it represents and not the other way around.Unfortunately some countries are becoming police states,Blame the voters for putting them in power !

Rights are a privilege,and they can be taken away if society deems you unfit to hold them.In the UK our personal actions are judged by our peers.

#49 Aheer.R.S.

Aheer.R.S.

I cannot Teach Him, the Boy has no Patience!

• 12,114 posts

Posted 17 December 2012 - 05:33

Wow, just wow
(On a personal note, Anon just went up a point in my view)