Neowin.net Minecraft Server (Old Server)

Message added by Brandon H,

Come join the new Minecraft server discussion thread :)

We need to make a FINAL pack or one that doesn't require a restart for ores.

I am a bit p***ed that i have to start again it took me ages to get loads of quartz to build my house :( 

1 minute ago, Nuculi said:

We need to make a FINAL pack or one that doesn't require a restart for ores.

I am a bit p***ed that i have to start again it took me ages to get loads of quartz to build my house :( 

I'm only going to reset if i cannot find a backup of our current world. I quite liked where the world was going.

If I do reset tonight it will be the last (unless we decide to put it to vote at some point in the future)

If we do reset I am not against giving everyone some starting supplies for the inconvenience as well :)

I'm going to restructure the minecraft folder and setup a timely world backup so this does not happen again

How about a full double chest of Qaurtz Blocks? lol

server will be down for a few hours during restructuring.

saddly the world did get fully overwritten by the old world somehow and we never did backups on this one so I will be setting up a new world as well.

I'll probably setup a starter kit that everyone will get upon first login to get going again.

updates to come...

edit1: good news, i found a copy of the world from February and will try to restore that with the update

edit2: everything is updated and world restored. i'll add the new mods sometime in the next few days.

The server is live. Look for update 1.4.2 in the Technic Launcher to continue playing. :)

This the latest back up, i had done a lot of work since this, same just like a waste of time doing it again :(

Id rather just wait for the new mods and a reset to load ores again, really don't fancy do all that work i have done previously again, id rather just start from scratch.

Just make sure map is backed up if you do decide to restart the world.

What mods were you thinking about adding? I saw mention of AE2 and Draconic evolution. I would be keen for one or more of the following if possible, just some ideas to add something extra to the pack

Quark

Storage Drawers

Thermal Expansion

Chisel

Better Builders Wands

Computercraft (will need the additional libs to run on 1.10)

Veinminer - even if just configured for chopping trees

something like mystical agriculture (a new mod like magical crops)

oh yeah I forgot Thermal Expansion is out for 1.10.2 now, that one's a definite possibility. i'll have to look into the others, I don't want to bloat the pack too much :)

+1 For chisel and Buildcraft :)

3 hours ago, Slugsie said:

One of the things I always find useful is Buildcrafts pipes.

Oh thank you for reminding me buildcraft is updated, I've been waiting for them because i love the query.

I heard they completely rewrote how the pipes work and that's what took them so long to release for 1.10.2 so i'll have to look into it :)

15 hours ago, Brandon H said:

oh yeah I forgot Thermal Expansion is out for 1.10.2 now, that one's a definite possibility. i'll have to look into the others, I don't want to bloat the pack too much :)

yup, understood. I only have 4GB memory, so most 1.10 packs I can't even run, so I definitely don't want too much bloat. That's just a list of the mods I enjoyed using in my project ozone game I've been playing. Except quark (not used it before), which looks cool because it expands vanilla gameplay without changing things too much.

I know, tell me about it! It's definitely on my list of things to get done when I can.

Currently working OK though, as long as there isn't too much in the modpack. I was getting around 50-60 FPS on this one last night. Project Ozone varies wildly, but normally sits around 20-30 FPS.

i'm currently playing on a laptop with a newer pentium dual-core and 6gb ram so i have a good measure of medium-low end when messing with the pack :)

gonna have some fun testing out mods tonight

• Like 1

sad, went to check out BuildCraft and see they skipped over 1.10.x and went straight to 1.11.x so i won't be able to add that to the server

edit: on a side note I got that restart plugin working properly so we have a voting system to restart the server if there's ever lag now

Any news when server will be updated with new mods? itching to get back on.

5 minutes ago, Nuculi said:

Any news when server will be updated with new mods? itching to get back on.

I have nothing going on Sunday so I will likely be doing testing and push out a few new mods then :)

Go ahead and jump on in the mean time though, all current mods have been updated and I plan to setup a multi-world so we don't have to delete the current one for new generated ores ect. :)

wouldn't the new ores be generated outside of where we have currently loaded? we could just trim some of the chunks far from spawn that no one has built in and regenerate them as we play?

54 minutes ago, illumination said:

wouldn't the new ores be generated outside of where we have currently loaded? we could just trim some of the chunks far from spawn that no one has built in and regenerate them as we play?

yes but i'm not really sure how to trim a world. this seed was generated without Biomes O' Plenty as well so an extra world would benefit from that now that I have enabled it in the server properties.

hey guys, today i added Draconic Evolution, Extreme Reactors, and Thermal Expansion to our pack. this updates the pack to version 1.5

I generated us a new world and am quite happy with the topography. once I learn how I will add a portal leading back to the previous world but I have not done a multi-world setup before so it might be a bit.

edit: player inventory has been maintained but you will need to do /spawn on next join as your previous location is likely not valid

Cant you just use command blocks?

I Remember a couple of seasons back we had a room at spawn with links to all the different biome's.  I think Lousifer set it up.

16 minutes ago, Nuculi said:

Cant you just use command blocks?

I Remember a couple of seasons back we had a room at spawn with links to all the different biome's.  I think Lousifer set it up.

if things were simple i could. I think the world went corrupt or doesn't like the new mods. The previous world would not load once i added in the 3 new mods so i'll need to look into that if i'm going to bring it back

I do have a backup of the world which is why i'm fairly certain it's one of the 3 new mods that weren't playing nice with an existing world

is this a 1.10.2 pack or 1.7.10 i forget, if it was a 1.7.10 you could use a plugin to make warps to the different biomes but they changed how those work in modded 1.10.2 so i dont know how to do that any more

it's a 1.10.2 Sponge Forge server. things are still evolving with a lot of the plugins

OK, just got on the server now after battling with getting the mod pack to even run. I don't have permission to use the 'Creative' portal, and my list of Homes has carried over so I can't use /Sethome as there is a limit of 1. 

Oh and there is wicked lag.