Neowin.net Minecraft Server (Old Server)

Message added by Brandon H,

Come join the new Minecraft server discussion thread :)

2 minutes ago, Slugsie said:

/me is a programmer and could probably script something if I could be assed.

challenge accepted? :p

Possible Bug?

Was in the Nether mining quartz to save XP, i had 31xp then i used the /home command to get home and it deleted it all :(

Perhaps a config in script or something but it sucks :(

Only happens between Neither and Overworld, teleporting within Overworld is fine.

Edited by Nuculi

^interesting. probably has something to do with teleporting between dimensions.

There's a new version of the Nucleus Plugin which provides the command so that may fix it. If not you can report the bug to the developer here :)

An update will be coming in the next few days which will add a couple of the recently requested mods as well as a couple other things and I will update the plugins as well to see if it fixes this bug for you

It's an old vanilla minecraft bug, just cook/mine/kill something to get a tiny bit of xp and it'll show up again. I think its more noticeable when modding or using plugins that allow you to warp on demand. :) 

^^I did that, just went digging in overworld to get XP back up to 30, it did not reappear. So i dont think its the Vanilla Minecraft bug.

We'll have to wait for an update and see if it gets fixed, temp fix would be to make a silk touch tool and break the ores in the overworld. :) 

or use the portal instead of the /home command to get back out of the nether (alternatively set another /home next to the portal)

16 hours ago, J. X. Maxwell said:

anyone getting permission errors for various stuff?

hmm you shouldn't be getting permission errors but if you do just let me know what and I can check on it in the permissions manager

hay just to let every one know i found the end portel its at X 747 Y 26 Z -1824 i havent activated it yet and will probly go throw it later so let me know if i need to what or if u wont to kill the dragon on your oun

hey guys. I'm going to be working on the next update for the server tonight

I may be adding 1 or 2 mods but I want to check with you all for the main update.

The author of Tinkers Construct has adjusted the Cobalt and Ardite spawn rate in the nether to be less rare in the latest Beta update. Would anyone mind if I have @Louisifer reset the Nether when i have him load the updates?

24 minutes ago, puma1 said:

Frank, I want to start going on again but not sure whats what. What do I need at this time to join in? Any package or software or just the client?

you can grab the pack from my forum sig. it's built using the Technic Launcher so you can search Neowincraft on their website as well

edit: sorry about the delayed update guys IRL things kinda took over this week lol :laugh:

I see the pack has been updated to v1.4. Unfortunately this crashes every time on my PC. I have checked that my Java is up to date, and deleted and reinstalled the pack, but it still crashes every time. Error is 'Java(TM) Platform SE binary has stopped working'.

1 hour ago, Slugsie said:

I see the pack has been updated to v1.4. Unfortunately this crashes every time on my PC. I have checked that my Java is up to date, and deleted and reinstalled the pack, but it still crashes every time. Error is 'Java(TM) Platform SE binary has stopped working'.

Latest NVidia drivers broke Minecraft Vanilla and Modded, there's a hotfix here: http://nvidia.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/4378/

• 1 month later...

Having a surprising amount of trouble installing MC with the right version of Forge. I updated MC, moved it back in the settings to 1.10.2, installed Forge for 1.10.2 but it all doesn't seem to be working now. Advice?

5 hours ago, VT-Wesley said:

Having a surprising amount of trouble installing MC with the right version of Forge. I updated MC, moved it back in the settings to 1.10.2, installed Forge for 1.10.2 but it all doesn't seem to be working now. Advice?

If you want to get on the server you will need to install the Technic Launcher, and use the Neowin ModPack.

https://www.technicpack.net/modpack/neowincraft.935039

I feel stupid but I gave up:) I miss the old days opf just launching MC and entering an IP. All these third party software make me nervous because on Curse for ex my malware protection was blocking IPs left and right so I took it out.  I will spend some time and try to get it working again eventually.