Whiny Little Caesars Pizza customer shot

A Florida man is using the state?s ?stand your ground? law as a defense after he shot a customer who was complaining about slow service at a St. Petersburg Little Caesars Pizza restaurant.

Randall White, 49, was in line waiting for his pizza on Sunday when he began complaining that he wasn?t being served fast enough. According to the Tampa Bay Times, 52-year-old Michael Jock was also in line and scolded White for whining.

The two began arguing and it eventually ?became a shoving match,? police spokesperson Mike Puetz said.

After White allegedly raised his fist, Jock pulled out a .38 Taurus Ultralight Special Revolver and fired a shot into the man?s torso. A second shot also hit White in the torso. One round became lodged in the restaurant wall.

When police arrived, Jock told them that the shooting had been justified under Florida?s ?stand your ground? law, which says that gun owners do not have a ?duty to retreat.?

?He felt he was in his rights,? Puetz explained. ?He brought it up specifically and cited it to the officer.?

Jock, who had a concealed-carry permit, told police that White had an object in his hand, but later abandoned that story under police questioning.

?We determined it did not reach a level where deadly force was required,? Puetz said.

Jock was arrested by St. Petersburg Police and charged with aggravated battery with a deadly weapon and shooting at, within or into a building. He was released by the Pinellas County Sheriff?s Office after posting $20,000 bond.

White later told the Tampa Bay Times that he felt lucky just to be alive.

?There are arguments every day, but how many people pull out a gun?? he observed. ?He was in my face and I pushed him. His life was not being threatened.?

White admitted that he had been agitated when he started complaining that his thin-crust vegetable pizza had taken more than the 10 minutes the restaurant promised. :rolleyes:

?Twenty minutes later, I?m like, ?Where?s my pizza??? White recalled, adding that he still had a bullet fragment in his back but he ?got lucky.?

?To me, that stand your ground rule ? people are twisting it. He?s twisting it. I walked in to get a pizza and I got shot ? I?m hoping the law prevails. We?ll see.?

source

He was WRONG and these morons give responsible gun owners a bad name, hope he's charged and looses his carry license on the grounds that he didn't pay any attention to his training, had he payed attention he would have known that this was not a situation where the castle doctrine does not cover

Why didn't the manager give him the pizza for free, then tell the whiner to never come back ...

OIC -- one customer shot another ... over a pizza. :ermm:

So glad every Tom, D*ck and Harry isn't armed in the UK. Not saying we don't have guns on the streets as that would be silly, but we don't have problems like this in general.

Just out of curiosity, what paperwork/background checks would I need to buy a gun and get a concealed weapon permit if I was a U.S citizen ?

Another dumbarse who should have his right to own a firearm removed.

He knew he was in the wrong, that's why he tried to claim a false story first. I bet he's been storing this little tid-bit of information for just this reason.

Just out of curiosity, what paperwork/background checks would I need to buy a gun and get a concealed weapon permit if I was a U.S citizen ?

All you need to do is prove that you have mental health issues and they give you a gun for free.

So glad every Tom, D*ck and Harry isn't armed in the UK. Not saying we don't have guns on the streets as that would be silly, but we don't have problems like this in general.

No, you'll get stabbed or beaten to death.

Depending on the State, there is a Federal background check that takes ~4 days to complete, that one makes sure you aren't a criminal or wanted or have been institutionalized or have lost the right to carry there is also a mandated class in firearm safety before you are allowed to carry, or even buy a weapon, usually the shop won't sell you the weapon till you show proof of taking the class, it costs between $100 to $300 again depending on State and what class you actually take. In most Stets to carry concealed it's an extra process that involves your fingerprints, another background check and extra training involving the when and where to carry and or use the weapon, some States will issue you a card with your picture as a license to carry, some just give you a simple card. The fees an time required to get fully concealed carry will be ~$500 or so dollars, months worth of time plus the cost of the weapon and ammo, and could go higher, some States or Cities require that you have a bond taken out on you just in case you wrongfully shoot someone

What gets me is that all you hear is when someone wrongly uses a weapon, but like in the Mall shooting that story died because the criminal was stopped by a dude with a legal concealed weapon, and he didn't even shoot the criminal, he was worried about innocent people behind the criminal, the criminal killed himself after just seeing the guy point his handgun at him while the guy was deciding whether or not to shoot the criminal, no that doesn't make the news because it's counter to the agenda that guns are "bad"

All you need to do is prove that you have mental health issues and they give you a gun for free.

Took you long enough to show up and ruin the thread with your constant hate and ignorance

• Like 1

Background checks are standard for conceal and carry permits. No felonies, no mental history issues, etc...

Another dumbarse who should have his right to own a firearm removed.

He knew he was in the wrong, that's why he tried to claim a false story first. I bet he's been storing this little tid-bit of information for just this reason.

If he's convicted of a crime, he will no longer be able to own a weapon.

• Like 2

If he's convicted of a crime, he will no longer be able to own a weapon.

I assumed so and that is what i was getting at, sorry if that wasn't clear.

Unfortunate that we can't see in to the future and see what people would do once they owned a weapon, i say that but the whole Minority Report thing does make me shudder.

They both should be arrested for eating Little Caesars.

Customer should be sent to the psych ward for attempted suicide and the worker for attempted genocide.

No. The UK murder rate is about a quarter of that of the US. But don't let logic or reason get in your way.

And yet you are 3 times as likely to be a victim of crime in the UK... but like you said, don't let logic or reason get in your way.

Customer should be sent to the psych ward for attempted suicide and the worker for attempted genocide.

And yet you are 3 times as likely to be a victim of crime in the UK... but like you said, don't let logic or reason get in your way.

Do you just randomly type out words and call them a thought?

:s

None of your **** makes any sense.

• Like 1

Do you just randomly type out words and call them a thought?

:s

None of your **** makes any sense.

If you are incapable of reading in context, you are correct. Read the quote and it makes perfect sense. The joke was made that eating there was grounds for arrest. I expanded on that thought.

http://wallmafia.com/file/1461/640x960/crop/why-so-serious-the-joker.jpg

No. The UK murder rate is about a quarter of that of the US. But don't let logic or reason get in your way.

Most violent crime in the US happens in impoverished inner city ghettos, that are more prominent in the US because of a lot of reasons, but one is the countries are just demographically different. If you're in a gang area in the US or in the UK you'll be equally likely to be a target, whether by gun or knife. If you're in a suburb in the US you're not very likely to be murdered either.

And then once in a few years these incidences of mass shootings happen, which seem to becoming more common regardless of the fact that we have more gun control than we used to have. And once in a while you read of students planning to use a bomb, rather than guns, before the threat is diffused, and I don't know how you ban that.

• Like 1

Could you provide a source for your 3 times claim please? I'm not saying you're wrong, just curious to see the figures.