Windows 8: The Animated Evaluation

It's kinda a funny video, but the guy is stupid, really. It's annoying to figure certain things out, for the first day you use it, then it's fine. lol

• Like 3

I watched the whole thing a little bit ago. I wouldn't brush the whole OS off so quickly as he did, but I thought for the most part he's pretty spot on about a lot of the UI design problems with Windows 8. Especially if you try and look at it from the stand point of a pretty novice user.

Oh great, this is my leet post.... guess I won't be able to respond to counter arguments folks ;)

I kept watching the video to see the reason why the author kept launching the weather app.

Then I got to it:

"I kept swiping right on my laptop touchpad and that was switching applications"

This is a feature specific to the driver released by Synaptics and possibly other touchpad companies. It is not a Microsoft feature.

And yes, I know a novice user won't know the difference, but a tech journalist should.

• Like 2

lol it really goes to show how many "techies" are in reality "liars" when windows 8 came out. So many of them are clueless as to how to actually use it. *yes im also talking about certain IT people on this site that couldn't even figure out how to use something as basic as the search feature*

Warwagon, was the only guy that actually agreed with the OP.. and then the Fanboys came in.. "How.. DARE YOU!? Oh my GOD Windows 8 is a gift from the bosom of Steve Ballmer!" ...yeah, no, your OS is ****, and this guy accurately tells you why.

Especially if you try and look at it from the stand point of a pretty novice user. Oh great, this is my leet post.... guess I won't be able to respond to counter arguments folks ;)

Well, in that case, your argument is stupid, and you should feel stupid for posting it. Nothing more stupid has ever been posted on this forum and it will forever go down in the annals of "Stupidest posts that should never have been posted"

:p Joking.

To the OP:

Video was far too painful to watch. I think there's enough videos out there like it, anyway. We get the point, you don't like it.

EDIT: Ah hell this is my antichrist post. Should have saved it for tomorrow. This is what I get for making fun of SOOPRcow.

Well, in that case, your argument is stupid, and you should feel stupid for posting it. Nothing more stupid has ever been posted on this forum and it will forever go down in the annals of "Stupidest posts that should never have been posted"

:p Joking.

To the OP:

Video was far too painful to watch. I think there's enough videos out there like it, anyway. We get the point, you don't like it.

EDIT: Ah hell this is my antichrist post. Should have saved it for tomorrow. This is what I get for making fun of SOOPRcow.

Actually I enjoyed every second of the video... Couldn't wait to watch the rest...

windows 8 is trash and i'm keeping my parents and family away from it.

I'm doing the same aswell. Plus, I do some IT work, most of my work now is to replace Windows 8 that comes with a new laptop, with a fresh install of Windows 7. Not even Vista was this bad of an OS. Even people that make their living using computer, tablets, phones, can get used to this crap of an OS. The only positive side of this, is more money for us IT guys. :)

Some moderator found this to be a funny post and moved it here. :shiftyninja:

He has a few points but most the video is him purposely acting like a moron. Unless he wasn't acting?

I find Windows 8 just a usable as 7 and speed wise it's great. There are a few niggles as mentioned and it's far from perfect but I don't actually see the point in downgrading from Windows 8 to 7 on new laptops. There's a small learning curve but after that it's far from UNUSABLE as described.

windows 8 is trash and i'm keeping my parents and family away from it.

now we just gotta find a way to keep people like you out of windows 8 threads.

• Like 2

got to 6 minutes, cant handle any more of that guy

hes talking crap, cant figure out a way to close weather, I can think of 5 straight off the bat............

hes just trying to hard for views to make his "freelance" career better

• Like 3

I kept watching the video to see the reason why the author kept launching the weather app.

Then I got to it:

"I kept swiping right on my laptop touchpad and that was switching applications"

This is a feature specific to the driver released by Synaptics and possibly other touchpad companies. It is not a Microsoft feature.

And yes, I know a novice user won't know the difference, but a tech journalist should.

I got to about 8:00 before I worked out he was blaming something the product doesn't do by-default on MS. Would these touchpad drivers offer this feature as a user option , or do they do this by default?

What else does this long-winded Rs have to say, I can't bother to continue..?

I don't recall these cardinal "4 Cs" from anywhere else - is he making up his own rules? How does the OSX Menu bar do for Context and Continuity?

my synaptics touchpad had that feature too and to be honest, after I updated to the win8 driver it did keep happening to me too

but guess what, thats synaptics fault, and within 10 seconds i had turned it off

• Like 1

now we just gotta find a way to keep people like you out of windows 8 threads.

Wait, why? Is Neowin not a place for free speech? Are we no longer allowed to voice our opinions? What makes your opinion more valuable than theirs? Do you say this about the users who join every Windows 8 topic and post how "everyone who hates Windows 8 is just afraid of change" and they need to "evolve or die"?

Anyway, the swipe thing was a bit silly and not Microsofts fault, but the recovery disk stuff was spot on. Why didn't they include an all programs tile? You know, a tile that would list every installed program installed? I found the "all apps" thing by accident, and I'm not sure how I did it. I haven't booted my Win8 laptop up and looked yet. Why not include a "Getting Started" tile, like they had in Vista and Seven? (Was that in XP? as well?) Something to guide or nudge us in the right direction, to "Get online and find out what's new in Windows 8", "Personalize Windows" <- Sorry can't use that one, can't even change the ****ing font! "How to transfer files and settings from another computer", whoops can't use that one either! Well, you get the idea right?

An OS which by default HIDES key OS features. Like the charms bar and the start button in the bottom left is not a step in the right direction. I know they got rid of the start menu, but why the start button, why must they hide everything from the user? As someone who gives frequent phone support you would be surprised how many people have no idea what the start button is that's right in front of them, let a lone hiding the fracking buttons. I also like his comparison for windows 8 for the control panel .... start / control panel..

Yes I know you can press this key with that key or dig your mouse in the bottom left corner, right click and select control panel, but I still start / control panel is the simplest.