I am coming from iOS which I've used since 2009.
- The button for the camera couldn't have been put in a worse place on the handset, this sucks.
- The rest is awesome
- Seriously Microsoft, all the search button does is open Bing? Worst implementation of a hardware button yet, it also adds unnecessary bloat to the UI as a Search icon is needed in individual apps as well.
- Back button doesn't always work in apps, it can back out of a current app page or out of the app completely, not consistent.
- Network/WIFI indicator isn't always shown, you have to manually swipe down to see it. I would have preferred to have this on display all the time, including within apps.
- No combined notifications center. This is quite annoying, it is quite new in iOS and I already miss it!
- The keyboard can be different per app??? and sometimes the keyboard is even white! (I am using the dark profile of WP8 theme) this makes it confusing to use. I am certain there are at least 3 keyboards (one being white) with keys placed differently @ present or not on the main keyboard, and there could be 4 or maybe the keyboards vary per app?
- Start screen isn't like Windows 8 where it can be horizontally wide, only option is vertically long instead (inconsistent again).
- Spelling/word suggestions when typing isn't OS-wide, sometimes it's there, sometimes it isn't.
- You can't select all/copy/cut/paste all the time in text fields universally like in iOS which is annoying if a site is having issues meaning I have to manually type my email address in each time again (I got this when trying to link linkedin with the people hub).
- Can't set alerts per app. I don't want sound/vibrate for every Facebook notification but I do for Whatsapp/Viber for example. You can have all sound alerts (other apps) or none at all.