10 posts in this topic

Posted

We

Posted

I love how these "stories" are picked up when A: you don't know if the story is true, and B: it then becomes news... anyone could write something like this, and claim it happened with no proof, and every news site would pick up on it and post it cause it draws clicks.
1 person likes this

Posted

IMHO, what the? Both phones are great, but take the S3 :p
2 people like this

Posted

The rep was trying to prevent an inevitable exchange. Customers see free and want it, despite the fact that they might not know anything about the phone. You then either get someone coming in and complainging about wanting an exchange (where now you've wasted limited promotional supply of a device and time) or worse, they come in after the exchange period and demand you part the red sea.

Posted

[quote name='xendrome' timestamp='1356453008' post='595414720']
I love how these "stories" are picked up when A: you don't know if the story is true, and B: it then becomes news... anyone could write something like this, and claim it happened with no proof, and every news site would pick up on it and post it cause it draws clicks.
[/quote]

I have to agree here, an "unnamed" - customer, salesperson, store, date - with no real way to confirm, then the "source" is the third site linked. BGR from Tom's Hardware from The Consumerist? The "author" has posted 22 short "news" stories after the iphone one from the 18th of December.

Posted

Walking out because you felt insulted = salesman refused to sell ???

" Fed up with his attitude and tone of condescension, I walked out, no phone in hand. I

Posted

When I go in to buy something I know what I want, and I ask for it. If they tell me I should get something else I just silently look at them. After a bit they go get what I want.
3 people like this

Posted

[quote name='Growled' timestamp='1356466470' post='595414984']
When I go in to buy something I know what I want, and I ask for it. If they tell me I should get something else I just silently look at them. After a bit they go get what I want.
[/quote]
I hate when salespersons are trying to start a lengthy talk with obvious nerds over things they barely know the 5 bullet points of the brochure about.

[i]Glassed Silver:mac[/i]

Posted

I was once guilty of encouraging my staff to do that, and most thanked us for it as they really didn't know why they wanted an iPhone. If they were dead set on it, of course we'd give them what they wanted, but the majority just equate smartphone with iPhone

Posted

"Sprint [b]salesman refuses to sell[/b] iPhone to fat-fingered customer"

It sounds legit.

[img]http://www.lolriot.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/07/Concert-shuttle-Seems-legit-600x408.png[/img]