15 posts in this topic

Posted

A

Posted

Well..as long as it doesn't sparkle I'm fine what ever they do, if it does indeed sparkle burry it again.
1 person likes this

Posted

Considering the timeframe it could just be someone that had misshapen teeth. Back then you were burned as a witch for knowing 1 + 1 so I'm guessing he wasn't at all dangerous.

On a side note see how civilized people are treated when a town / city / country is run by religion

Posted

[quote name='Colin McGregor' timestamp='1356628326' post='595418220']
Considering the timeframe it could just be someone that had misshapen teeth. Back then you were burned as a witch for knowing 1 + 1 so I'm guessing he wasn't at all dangerous.

On a side note see how civilized people are treated when a town / city / country is run by religion

Posted

Clearly it was somebodies Mother-in-law and he was just being careful.
5 people like this

Posted

Dracula's grandpa

Posted

OK take the word Vampire out of the story the use of which is pure spin and what you have is less of a speculation.So we are talking the Celtic period of history who have just invaded the UK [600BC-50AD] with their Druid priests and many sacrifice rituals especialy enemy leaders and such.They were noted to cut off enemy heads and wear them as trophys on their belts or hanging from door posts outside their wooden huts.
1 person likes this

Posted

^ Vampires were once considered 'real' and great pains were taken to safely bury them.

Posted

I can see no direct link between Druids and Vampires on a quick google search maybe you thinking of the 18th century and Ann Rices Vampire Chronicles?

Posted

I hope the archeologists were careful to not nick themselves while working with it... and if they did... did their blood flow TOWARD the skeleton or just down?

Posted

Bash all you want but it apparently worked. :p

Posted

When I find a dead vampire, I pull the stake out of its ribs, then sprinkle a little murdered human blood on it. :p

Posted

What I find is strange is that I tried to do a Google Search on -- Charles Daniels 1959 England... and All I keep getting is Charlie Daniels the singer.

But after removing Singer Country Charlie Find this article from 2009 about the same site.

[url="http://www.newarkadvertiser.co.uk/articles/news/Half-a-century-of-digging-for-clues"]http://www.newarkadvertiser.co.uk/articles/news/Half-a-century-of-digging-for-clues[/url]

Then again I have read other accounts that some feared that people who died from the Black Death early on that people thought they would come back to life so they were even given this treatment.

The other question is if this were a "Vampire" thought individual then why not the Face down burial that was persistent in the treatment of individuals thought to have it?

Posted

People that died suddenly or committed suicide had this sort of thing done to them.

Posted

[quote name='Colin McGregor' timestamp='1356628326' post='595418220']

On a side note see how civilized people are treated when a town / city / country is run by religion.
[/quote]

It has nothing to do with religion. In fact, the church in the Middle Ages was the biggest force in trying to dispel superstition.

[quote][color=#000000][font=sans-serif][size=3]The general desire of the [/size][/font][/color][font="sans-serif"][size="2"][color="#0b0080"]Catholic [/color][/size][/font][font="sans-serif"][size="2"][color="#0b0080"]Church[/color][/size][/font][color=#000000][font=sans-serif][size=3]'s clergy to check fanaticism about witchcraft and necromancy is shown in the decrees of the [/size][/font][/color][font="sans-serif"][size="2"][color="#0b0080"]Council of P[/color][/size][/font][font="sans-serif"][size="2"][color="#0b0080"]aderborn[/color][/size][/font][color=#000000][font=sans-serif][size=3] which in 785 explicitly outlawed condemning people as witches, and condemned to death anyone who burnt a witch. [/size][/font][/color][font="sans-serif"][size="2"][color="#0b0080"]Emperor Charlemagne[/color][/size][/font][color=#000000][font=sans-serif][size=3] later confirmed the law. The [/size][/font][/color][font="sans-serif"][size="2"][color="#0b0080"]Council o[/color][/size][/font][font="sans-serif"][size="2"][color="#0b0080"]f Frankfurt[/color][/size][/font][color=#000000][font=sans-serif][size=3] in 794, called by Charlemagne, was also very explicit in condemning "the persecution of alleged witches and wizards", calling the belief in witchcraft "superstitious", and ordering the death penalty for those who presumed to burn witches[/size][/font][/color][/quote] http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Witch-hunt#Middle_Ages

The early Christians' largest complaint about pagan religion was that the priests were trying to fool the public into thinking they could do magic, they tried to expose pagan priests as frauds.

People are mistaken about the history on this issue.

Anyway superstition always exists, religion or not. That's why you have atheists who believe in ancient aliens, psychic powers, and other paranormal activity.

My first thought about this article was wondering how they knew the people were thought vampires while alive. I read a large part of the belief of vampires was due to the fact that people found buried corpses to be bleeding from the mouth, so its not impossible that the corpses were bound and handled this way after being dug up.