Food that can shorten your lifespan

Basically, we don't know, but either way you will probably get gall stones, gall stone attacks and bigger gall stones from low carb.

I'll let ya know if I get them, 9 months so far so good.

Ahh bull****. I'm pretty sure the benefits of eating red meat far outweigh the bad. Steak is delicious, I'm going to keep eating it as humans have done forever.

F*** it...

YOLOC

You only live once culinary.

I've stopped worrying too much about all those crazy new studies.

It might be true, but look at my grandma.

She still lives to the risk seems low enough for me to take.

The benefits of eating (generally) what I want, when and how often, the easier more enjoyable and less restrictive lifestyle gives me much more than an extra of supposedly 4-5 years.

I very much doubt the overall effect of that in combination with all the other bad things anyways.

I mean, telling by what I've read in the past couple of weeks alone I should have never even reached my age. :laugh:

So unhealthy + unhealthy != unhealthy*2 but more like unhealthy*1.2 or something at best.

Really, I stopped worrying about the fine print, I know what's bad and dangerous generally speaking, like raw meat, so I care about hygiene in kitchen a lot, I don't eat WAY too fat loaded, but then again I do put more oil in the pan if I feel like it knowing the result (depending on the dish) will taste better.

I try to eat a sensible (but probably still less than recommended :laugh:) amount of the typical healthy stuff and so on...

tl;dr: Eat what your body tells you to eat.

It's more fun, your body knows what it's talking about (unless you're obese and let yourself go too much (or the counterpart to obesity)) and by all means, it's less unhealthy than you think.

For what it's worth I think worrying about all this crap is more dangerous to sanity and health than your weekly medium steak etc etc...

Glassed Silver:mac

Ahh bull****. I'm pretty sure the benefits of eating red meat far outweigh the bad. Steak is delicious, I'm going to keep eating it as humans have done forever.

Exactly. The human genome hasn't changed for roughly 100,000 years. And I'm fairly sure 100,000 years ago humans weren't cultivating grain and growing crops of vegetables. The human diet has evolved around eating primarily red meat - we are supposed to eat it, and plenty of it.

People need to get off their asses and exercise. Avoiding certain foods, especially ones we've evolved to eat, isn't the answer to living healthily.

The overweight population can say what they want about their diet, but we all know they are just weaklings. ;)

I am not saying that I will go this entire year without having bacon and hot dogs because I'm American! However, with moderation, these things don't have to severely cut down on your life. Other than that, I would say that regular soda is the most dangerous food item/drink. Hundreds of empty, pointless calories. The facts are out there for the people to read and make changes. If they do not... well let us hope ObamaCare has their lard arses covered. ;)

beans shorten your life span....

fart too hard and someone might kill yah

• Like 3

Dear Scientists,

While I appreciate your findings, it isn't going to make any difference to me. I would rather die younger yet happy having eaten all that wonderful food than live to be 100 and bored because of all the things you told me I couldn't eat. Next you'll be telling me asbestos is bad for me!

Regards,

Intrinsica

• Like 3

Exactly. The human genome hasn't changed for roughly 100,000 years. And I'm fairly sure 100,000 years ago humans weren't cultivating grain and growing crops of vegetables. The human diet has evolved around eating primarily red meat - we are supposed to eat it, and plenty of it.

LOL -- and how do you know what most humans ate 100,000 years ago ... ? :laugh:

I have little craving for red meat, and don't eat that much.

And there are millions of 'vegetarians' out there, living just fine.

LOL -- and how do you know what most humans ate 100,000 years ago ... ? :laugh:

I have little craving for red meat, and don't eat that much.

And there are millions of 'vegetarians' out there, living just fine.

What the vegetarians/vegans never talk about is all the supplements and extra vitamins and minerals they need to take to maintain their unhealthy lifestyles, of course they will act like they don't need anything else, but once they get sick and talk to a Dr, it's supplement central just to maintain their fad diet

What the vegetarians/vegans never talk about is all the supplements and extra vitamins and minerals they need to take to maintain their unhealthy lifestyles, of course they will act like they don't need anything else, but once they get sick and talk to a Dr, it's supplement central just to maintain their fad diet

What complete horsecrap. I know lots of vegetarians who manage just fine through diet alone. Vegans - yes, it must be a lot harder. But vegetarians can get everything they need without eating meat.

^ Yep -- and cows don't eat meat. ;)

and ?

are cows human ? do humans have 4 stomachs ?

humans 100 000 years ago did not have the knowledge about the vitamins and minerals and all that crap that the human body needs and where to get it, they also did not have the luxury of going to the mall to buy the perfect mix of vegetables to "sort" of balance their diet into a workable mix.

MAn is made to eat meat, some people decided that animals are cute and shouldn't die(these are the people that nature originally wanted to die in the survival of the fittest, but science made them live) so they decided to go out of their way to not eat meat.

On average, each additional serving of saturated fat-filled red meat was associated with a 13% higher risk of dying during the 28-year study.

Woah woah woah...

Each serving? Seriously? If in my lifetime I have a serving of red meat, I have a 13% higher chance of dying? These numbers don't seem to add up to me. I don't even like most red meat and at most have a little bacon now and again, at worst a kebab.

I'm sure it's not so much the meat though, it's more likely the crap that they put into processed meats, there's a load of rubbish that they put in bacon alone that makes it last longer, that is also fairly toxic in large doses.

and ?

are cows human ? do humans have 4 stomachs ?

humans 100 000 years ago did not have the knowledge about the vitamins and minerals and all that crap that the human body needs and where to get it, they also did not have the luxury of going to the mall to buy the perfect mix of vegetables to "sort" of balance their diet into a workable mix.

MAn is made to eat meat, some people decided that animals are cute and shouldn't die(these are the people that nature originally wanted to die in the survival of the fittest, but science made them live) so they decided to go out of their way to not eat meat.

Just to play devils advocate, the average lifespan at this time (admittedly due to a large number of other factors) was much shorter than it is now, in the region of 35 MAX! We weren't eating processed meat either.

I'd rather eat bacon and die at 70, then live without it and die at 80, a wrinkled and dribbling wreck.

Like a friend of mine always says, I'd rather die happy than healthy.

^^ this this and a million times this ^^

I gave up red meat several years ago, and my body thanked me for it, with better chemical/hormonal balance, smaller waistline, no belly fat, and general well-being. I felt 'better' within a few weeks tbh, though it took a while for the other effects to kick in.

I just did it since it was known to increase estrogen in men (based on how and where it is raised and pumped with chemicals) and increase heart disease and stomach paunch in general.

Best thing I did in my life, other than give up soda (aside from an occasional whiskey and coke). I will fight for some fried bacon now and then though... mmm mmm and some eggs.

A good free range well reared and managed piece of meat is a whole different story though. The main problem is that the study title suggests 'Red meat' but to many people don't understand the difference between good and bad meat.

As for giving up soda, good man, i myself did this and the effect it had on me was remarkable.

• 2 weeks later...

I'd rather eat bacon and die at 70, then live without it and die at 80, a wrinkled and dribbling wreck.

il see your 70 and raise you 50 ... I would rather live happy then die old