longhorn cons

These are the facts. This isn't even beta and IMO its still a pre-alpha and not even an alpha. The reason it doesn't seem impressive is because of what I said above as well as the following below.

The AERO user interface wasn't even in this build and the one on the winsupersite isn't even a quarter of the way complete as well. There is no hardware driven graphics for the GUI in the build as well.

WinFS isn't fully implemented in the build. Not even close. Avalon isn't even done yet. I would also assume that Longhorn in its final form should be able to get updates from windows update without rebooting.

These are the reasons you don't seeing anything different from XP. All of the hype you heard about that you don't see in this build if for a reason. This reason is you can't see something that isn't there...IE MS hasen't put it in yet.

This is simple as can be. I think if Microsoft doesn't make this version safe and secure than I will fully make the switch to apple. I have both now but I'm giving MS another chance to make right and if they don't I will be going all mac. Don't mention Linux because it will never get as good as the Mac for one reason. If those groups don't get together and make one great linux they won't make. They have so many different versions that don't fix what hurts them the most. Installing hardware and software. As long as they stay like this apple will spend more money and they will do things to make sure Linux won't succeed. If they have to make a plain and simple mac box for 500 bucks they would do that before letting Linux take over. Just remember that apple has money and lots to lose and they will do anything to make sure they don't lose what they have. Personally I wouldn't blame them since at least their products are stable and easy to use.

yeah i have a con with longhorn :

Stupid misinformed ppls who are whining on something you just CAN'T call an os, it's just a toy for now, used to get ideas from, nothing else.

So i will say you have something against Longhorn "alpha" juste take a good cup of STFU you'll be nice to the community.

My 2 cents ;).

Please do not get ****y with me about this, but, I did run into a few problems, and I do understand this is an alpha OS and do expect things like this. Anyways, now that that is out of the way... I did notice that Windows Messenger seemed to crash for me, so, I just downloaded MSN Messenger and its working fine for me. :) My ethernet card did not install on my other system ... and so, I tried installing on the system I am posting from and it worked as you can see or I wouldn't be posting. Its working fine after using some tweaks from Chris's guide.

Also, IE only crashed once in the few hours I've been using it. :)