Posted 04 January 2013 - 18:05

This is too funny. I tried it myself on my Note 2 and its true...LOL

http://www.cultofand...the-ipad-video/

#2 manroweb

manroweb

Lover of all things tech

• 1,650 posts

Posted 04 January 2013 - 18:23

Confirmed, just tried it on my Nexus 7 and GS3 and it does indeed praise the ipad!

#3 king_of_hearts

king_of_hearts

Neowinian

• 200 posts

Posted 04 January 2013 - 18:36

lol.

Very funny. Surely this will be fixed soon...

#4 HawkMan

HawkMan

Neowinian Senior

• 22,111 posts
  • Phone: Noka Lumia 1020

Posted 04 January 2013 - 18:47

It's not like anyone uses Google now and would use it anyway, between the horrible voice synth and the terrible voice recognition. but then I don't know if siri is any better.

#5 alwaysonacoffebreak

alwaysonacoffebreak

Neowinian Senior

• 2,953 posts
  • Phone: Sony Xperia ZL

Posted 04 January 2013 - 18:51

You think those are bad? Try the WP version of voice recognition, oh my god. It'll tell you everything BUT the thing you asked for. :laugh:

#6 2xSilverKnight

2xSilverKnight

Neowinian Master

• 2,095 posts

Posted 04 January 2013 - 18:54

Siri was better before Apple took over.

#7 Geoffrey B.

Geoffrey B.

LittleNeutrino

• 16,196 posts
  • Phone: Nokia Lumia 928 WP8.10.14203.306

Posted 04 January 2013 - 18:55

i think if you have it set properly the voice synth sounds like a real person compared to Siri, I also do not have any issues with the voice recognition. Then again i find the tool very useless for things like that and mainly use it for traffic, weather, and shipped packages.

#8 Matthew_Thepc

Matthew_Thepc

Neowinian

• 1,180 posts

Posted 04 January 2013 - 19:24

sounds like an easter egg thing to me, or some kind of joke put in by a developer o.o why is everyone assuming it's a glitch?

#9 StandingInAlley

StandingInAlley

Neowinian Senior

• 1,800 posts
  • Phone: Nokia Lumia 920

Posted 04 January 2013 - 19:28

ROFL

#10 +techbeck

techbeck

It's not that I am lazy, it's that I just don't care

• 19,442 posts

Posted 04 January 2013 - 19:39

It's not like anyone uses Google now and would use it anyway, between the horrible voice synth and the terrible voice recognition. but then I don't know if siri is any better.

Have used GN on several devices and know people who use it as well. No problem with voice recognition unless I don't speak clearly. I use GN a few times per day.

i think if you have it set properly the voice synth sounds like a real person compared to Siri, I also do not have any issues with the voice recognition. Then again i find the tool very useless for things like that and mainly use it for traffic, weather, and shipped packages.

GN voice does sound better than siri. I used GN basically the same stuff.

#11 Dot Matrix

Dot Matrix

Neowinian Senior

• 11,520 posts
  • Phone: Nokia Lumia 920

Posted 04 January 2013 - 19:46

You think those are bad? Try the WP version of voice recognition, oh my god. It'll tell you everything BUT the thing you asked for. :laugh:

Mine works great.

#12 HawkMan

HawkMan

Neowinian Senior

• 22,111 posts

Posted 04 January 2013 - 20:06

when tried the voice rec on my WP7 Trophy worked great, at least compared to GN, which despite saying it supports the language can't find a street name to save it's life. as for the actual now features. I went to a meeting in a city ~3 hours away, I left like 3,5-4 hours early for the meeting, driving there, the first thing GN told me about the meeting was later I did a bit of shopping and was in the hotel where we had the meeting and some 20-30 minutes before the meeting it told me I had to leave if I was going to make the meeting, in the hotel I was already in...

and well firstly, it never warned me when it would actually have been important which was before I left, secondly, it seems absolutely pointless as I would never trust an automated assistant like that to remind me to get up, or leave to make it on time or to even warn me of a meeting where I am, and with good reason it seems. better to just set your own alarms on the calendar.

#13 FloatingFatMan

FloatingFatMan

Resident Fat Dude

• 16,057 posts

Posted 04 January 2013 - 20:31

Um.. Google Now's voice recognition and voice synth is at least a thousand times better than SIRI's... Were you using actual Google Now, or that dreadful clone of Samsungs? Because THAT one DOES suck balls.

#14 Obi-Wan Kenobi

Obi-Wan Kenobi

"You were the chosen one!"

• 2,773 posts

Posted 04 January 2013 - 20:46

HAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!! How funny! Just tried it on my SGS, and it works!

#15 HawkMan

HawkMan

Neowinian Senior

• 22,111 posts

Posted 04 January 2013 - 20:49

Um.. Google Now's voice recognition and voice synth is at least a thousand times better than SIRI's... Were you using actual Google Now, or that dreadful clone of Samsungs? Because THAT one DOES suck balls.

don't have a samsung so :p I don't buy crap phones with the worst optimized software/OS that requires you to use twice as powerful hardware to get android to run as good as a properly optimized software from a proper manufacturer.